Author Topic: First Service.  (Read 4640 times)

Offline SCOTTE

• Not said much yet
First Service.
« on: 09 August 2017, 14:32 »
Hi all, I have just booked my first service for my car with my dealer which I thought would be a  Minor service very low miles on the car. They inform me that the first service is different to a Major service but is the same price.

Can anyone confirm what is different about it please. what sort of prizes did you pay for your first one.

Thanks  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 09 August 2017, 14:41 by SCOTTE »

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: First Service.
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2017, 14:44 »
Link below to what's included if you have a service plan. Assume the work undertaken at would be the same, whether you have a service plan or not;

https://www.vwfinance.co.uk/content/sites/vwbank/vwfinancecouk/en/privatecustomers/how_agreements_work/servicing-and-maintenance.html

Click on 'cars under 1 year' for details.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2017, 14:48 »
I didn't pay for mine as it was included but it took less than an hour and iirc was basically an oil change and a check over. What you've described doesn't sound right.

Just checked my invoice, it would've been £147.65 all in, parts were oil, filter, drain plug and screenwash (that didn't even need topping up but they charged for it anyway the buggers) plus an 'express visual check' and connect to the computer.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2017, 16:51 »
I didn't pay for mine as it was included but it took less than an hour and iirc was basically an oil change and a check over. What you've described doesn't sound right.

Just checked my invoice, it would've been £147.65 all in, parts were oil, filter, drain plug and screenwash (that didn't even need topping up but they charged for it anyway the buggers) plus an 'express visual check' and connect to the computer.
Express visual check  :laugh:
The YTS lad walking past it in the car park with orders to note anything hanging off.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SCOTTE

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2017, 07:14 »

The YTS lad walking past it in the car park with orders to note anything hanging off.

:cry: :cry:

Thanks for the Info though Guys. Might stay there and watch what they do through the viewing window.

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2017, 08:50 »
Oil and filter change and washer top up is about all they ever get these days, no tappet adjustment, no spark plug clean and re-gap, no points setting, no brake (or handbrake) adjustment, no carburetor cleaning, no air filter changes, no battery acid checks, no coolant / antifreeze check, ........ etc., etc.

The odd thing is, relatively speaking it costs the same or more!
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 10 August 2017, 09:47 »

No they even do a video of the car up on the lift now and email it to you before you pick the car up. When they did mine they even noted that there was no rust on the underside of the car 3 month old car :rolleyes:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 10 August 2017, 10:00 »

Thanks for the Info though Guys. Might stay there and watch what they do through the viewing window.

They might give you a discount for that as you'll be doing the 'express visual check' :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SCOTTE

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 10 August 2017, 14:16 »

They might give you a discount for that as you'll be doing the 'express visual check' :laugh:

I like that  :smiley:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #9 on: 10 August 2017, 18:44 »
Oil change, visual inspection of anything they can find to charge you to fix and maybe if you are lucky do any recall type fix work Vw are paying for...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC