Author Topic: 2e to AGG/ADY  (Read 3990 times)

Offline calpol91

• Just got here
2e to AGG/ADY
« on: 17 June 2017, 21:08 »
Hi guys. I have an early mk3, I think its got the 2e engine, (i cant check as its on a mates drive at the mo)

the car runs fine at the moment but its sounding like the bottom end is having some issues. on top of that, it looks like the head gasket isn't far behind either.

having looked around, buying a new (to me) engine is probably the most economical way to keep the car on the road?

now my question is, if im right in thinking it is the 2e engine, can i drop the AGG/ADY engines in as is or is there anything i need to look out for.

i know the engines are all more or less the same, slightly different compression's and sensor placements from what ive read, but i haven't seen anything to suggest whether its a straight swap or a complete nightmare!

thanks, Cal

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: 2e to AGG/ADY
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2017, 17:28 »
Theses engines are very much not more or less the same. 2E and AGG/ADY have different (very!) engine management systems.

If you have a 2E now, an AGG/ADY will not just drop in plug and play. You will need the whole lot incl ECU, entire engine loom, immo box (2Es don't have them), reader coil for ignition key, key transponders, etc. off the other car.

It can be done but first find out what you have in there now. The 2E has a very distinguishing feature, the idle regulator above the rocker cover - you cannot miss it, looks like a cigar.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles