Author Topic: AGU 187g/s with standard map  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Robo018

• Just got here
AGU 187g/s with standard map
« on: 05 June 2017, 00:23 »
New to this so if I'm posting in the wrong place help me out.
After reading about airflow / bhp ratio I plugged my diagnostic machine In today and got 187.22g/s at 6050rpm. Am I correct dividing this by 0.80 for approx bhp?
I've done a few mods and hoped to have a reasonable power but this is more than I'd expected on standard mapping, maf and injectors. Oh it's a K03s fitted on 13psi(boost controller).
What blocks should I be looking at to make sure this reasonably safe untill I can get the mappi g done?
Thanks.
2001 TT BAM, welly cooler, 80mm TIP, DW 65 pump, chinafold ported, hybrid tfsi wheeled ported turbo, Poly bushed suspension, Adjustable rear arms, Bilstein B8 shocks, haldex valve on a switch, BBT actuator, catchcan etc etc etc(AUQ fitted while in process of 82.5mm piston large port build)

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: AGU 187g/s with standard map
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2017, 16:59 »
I would hazard a guess that your MAF is duff, there's no way a standard MAP will kick out that much power. Also by having a boost controller rather than the N75 you won't get the soft limp mode that would potentially save your engine from an overboost spike.

To put it in real terms I have approx 230bhp and my peak boost is around 22psi so your readings are way off

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Robo018

• Just got here
Re: AGU 187g/s with standard map
« Reply #2 on: 05 June 2017, 21:23 »
You could be right what do you think is the best way to check it? Overboost hasn't been a problem since I ported the hot side of the turbo after reading up on what prawn and big al had talked about with Bill from badger 5 on a site a while back. The turbo seems to pull strong right to the red line too which is good.
I have just swapped the sensor from one that seemed to be making the car run badly.
2001 TT BAM, welly cooler, 80mm TIP, DW 65 pump, chinafold ported, hybrid tfsi wheeled ported turbo, Poly bushed suspension, Adjustable rear arms, Bilstein B8 shocks, haldex valve on a switch, BBT actuator, catchcan etc etc etc(AUQ fitted while in process of 82.5mm piston large port build)