Author Topic: Zymol car wash  (Read 3558 times)

Offline a9wyn

• GTI forum regular
Zymol car wash
« on: 12 May 2017, 15:57 »
Popped into my local Halfords today to purchase some Zymol car shampoo, and to my dismay they no longer stock it. Does anybody know where I can purchase this? ( at a reasonable cost) or has Zymol discontinued this range?

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Zymol car wash
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2017, 19:50 »
I googled this and couldn't find any in stock anywhere, not even ebay or Amazon. You may have to choose a replacement.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline gabruno

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2017, 09:41 »
You can still find it on ebay.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2017, 10:28 »
Lots of Zymol products on the UK eBay site, but not Zymol car shampoo that the OP is looking for. Halfords have an ad on eBay for Zymol car shampoo but it shows there is none available;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zymol-Natural-Car-Wash-1-42L-Car-Bodywork-Shampoo-Cleaner-Washing-Valeting-/191522706898

To the OP; a good time to try an alternative. There are lots of good car shampoos out there. Worth having a look at this recent thread where forum members were recommending on the car shampoos they use;

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=279963.0

Also, have a look at the 'Detailing - special offer spotting' sticky at the top of this (the Detailing) section of the forum if you decide to buy from one of the sites listed in the sticky.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2017, 11:18 »
Shame it's been discontinued, but there's plenty of good alternatives out there.  Can highly recommend DoDo Juice Supernatural Concentrated Shampoo and DoDo Juice Born to be Mild Shampoo.

I have tried the following shampoos over the years and they are all ok but the top three above stand out by some distance, being the best balance of lubricity, sudding and cleansing qualities. 

1) Swissvax Car Bath - very pricey but a little goes a very very long way so it actually compares favourably to lesser priced ones in vfm terms
2) DoDo Juice Supernatural Concentrated Shampoo - superb lubrucity and cleansing - concentrated formula
3) DoDo Juice Born to be Mild (PH neutral) Shampoo - great all rounder shampoo, gentle.
4) Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss Shampoo
4) Chemical Guys Glossworkz Shampoo
6) Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II Shampoo
7) Poorboys Slick & Suds Shampoo

All available from the usual detailing sites such as Cleanyourcar, Ultimatefinish, Polishedbliss etc.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jordan_gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2017, 13:07 »
If you want to buy in store, and Halfords is your local, your best bet is the Megiuars  Gold class shampoo, if you buy online, the best I've found is Dodo Juice Born to be mild (Suds very well & works brilliantly) Ive tried lots of shampoos, Autoglym, Auto finesse, Chemical guys, Megiuars... Dodo juice works perfectly & is a very good shampoo for maintenance washes weekly / fortnightly
2002 Golf Gti 1.8T (AUM) LC9Z