Author Topic: Mark 7 gtd to 7.5 gti  (Read 4041 times)

Offline Lee099721

• Not said much yet
Mark 7 gtd to 7.5 gti
« on: 27 April 2017, 20:27 »
Going from a mark 7 Gtd  manual with sports & sound pack to mark 7.5 DSG GTI will I notice much difference in the drive / the fuel / the sound all advice would be much appreciated thanks lee

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Mark 7 gtd to 7.5 gti
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2017, 20:43 »
Have you ordered a car without test driving it first?

If it's your first auto, then it will probably feel quite odd. Even driving DSG in auto mode takes a few weeks to learn how to get the best from it.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Lee099721

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2017, 21:02 »
Local vw dealer got a Ruben black 1 in about 10 days ago went and had a look nice car but the colour was not for me & did not want to test drive it as had no miles on the clock but has another 1 on the way in about 10 days this 1 is issic blue DSG with 19 inch wheels on so going to go back and have a look and if I like the colour will have a test drive and was asking for as much info on the new car before I go and have a look so as much info please will be much appreciated thanks

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2017, 23:17 »
Local vw dealer got a Ruben black 1 in about 10 days ago went and had a look nice car but the colour was not for me & did not want to test drive it as had no miles on the clock but has another 1 on the way in about 10 days this 1 is issic blue DSG with 19 inch wheels on so going to go back and have a look and if I like the colour will have a test drive and was asking for as much info on the new car before I go and have a look so as much info please will be much appreciated thanks

I think the Isaac Blue is a fantastic colour for the GTI.It is the one i'd go for.Followed by Atlantic Blue. :cool:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Silvadadi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2017, 06:55 »
Lee, im test driving a DSG 7.5 Gti tomorrow as well as............shh! ...........a Tiguan R-line.  I'll let you know thoughts on gti afterwards. 
Ordered Jun 18: R 5dr, IG, DSG, Prets, DLA, climate w/s and tints.
Aug 14 - Jul 18: GTD 5dr, CSG, DSG, S&S pack, Vienna leather and Santiago's.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2017, 07:42 »

If it's your first auto, then it will probably feel quite odd. Even driving DSG in auto mode takes a few weeks to learn how to get the best from it.

What dubber says. I went from Mk7 GTD to Mk7 GTI DSG. Love the GTI engine - turbine smooth and seems more willing, but found DSG a bit frustrating at first. It seems to be hunting up and down the 'box, in auto, so I was driving on the paddles a lot. Worth persevering with auto, though, as you can get it to do just about anything with proper throttle control. The 'box learns your driving style, too, so, as you and the 'box come to terms with each other, the whole thing gels.  :laugh:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Lee099721

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2017, 07:48 »
Thanks for all your great comments and help

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2017, 08:35 »
I'm thinking of going for DSG with my GTi when I order it. The last time I drove a DSG I nearly went through the windscreen when I was pulling away when I went to change gear :embarrassed:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 28 April 2017, 08:53 »
I'm thinking of going for DSG with my GTi when I order it. The last time I drove a DSG I nearly went through the windscreen when I was pulling away when I went to change gear :embarrassed:

Daft question but why did you not order a GTI in the first place?

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 28 April 2017, 09:42 »

What dubber says. I went from Mk7 GTD to Mk7 GTI DSG. Love the GTI engine - turbine smooth and seems more willing, but found DSG a bit frustrating at first. It seems to be hunting up and down the 'box, in auto, so I was driving on the paddles a lot. Worth persevering with auto, though, as you can get it to do just about anything with proper throttle control. The 'box learns your driving style, too, so, as you and the 'box come to terms with each other, the whole thing gels.  :laugh:

Does the DSG 'learn' or is it that the driver gets used to how it works and adapts accordingly?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.