Author Topic: Active Info Display  (Read 4846 times)

Offline davyk31

• I live here
Re: Active Info Display
« Reply #10 on: 29 April 2017, 08:28 »
Have we seen any pics of your new car Tony? Start a new thread as I'm keen to see the colour.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Mcbruce

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 29 April 2017, 08:51 »
I can confirm there is no Classic option on mine. So that's no foglights and no classic so far.

Looks to be intentional on the GTI.

In this review: https://youtu.be/96dTrU4YfHM

@ 16:50 - GTI AID views menu
@ 30:05 - non-GTI AID views menu

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 29 April 2017, 09:00 »
Do you mean that you just want a speedo and rev counter displayed and nothing else?

You couldn't do that on a mk7 iirc. It always had some junk or other on the mfd
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline TonyJ

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 29 April 2017, 21:38 »
Have we seen any pics of your new car Tony? Start a new thread as I'm keen to see the colour.

I've just posted some pics on the New GTI/GTD colours thread .....
Current - Golf GTD Mk8
Previous - T-Roc R
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7.5
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7

Offline Silvadadi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 30 April 2017, 07:32 »
Test drove a GTi yesterday - it had classic view as an option but I preferred the gear/speed view as digital speed figure and gear were more visible.  In classic view both are pretty small at the bottom of the "dial"

neither it or the one in the showroom had fog lights - misbuilds then....
Ordered Jun 18: R 5dr, IG, DSG, Prets, DLA, climate w/s and tints.
Aug 14 - Jul 18: GTD 5dr, CSG, DSG, S&S pack, Vienna leather and Santiago's.

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 01 May 2017, 22:01 »
Have you phoned tech help desk? Option 1 option 4.  :grin:

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 02 May 2017, 11:46 »
Does anyone know if there is still a de-select (removal) no-cost option for the AID? It was listed in the 1st brochure but I cant find anything in the latest one?

I can understand this being in the mk8 a few years away, but I prefer the current dials for now.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 02 May 2017, 12:16 »
Does anyone know if there is still a de-select (removal) no-cost option for the AID? It was listed in the 1st brochure but I cant find anything in the latest one?

I can understand this being in the mk8 a few years away, but I prefer the current dials for now.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/common/pdf/pricelists/golf-vii-pa-pricelist.pdf

Page 30, at the top.

But I would just like to say the Active Info Display is a fantastic piece of kit, I wasn't overly bothered about it until I drove for 3 hours yesterday and had sat nav in-between the dials and Spotify on the main screen. It just felt lovely and suits the car really well. If you haven't already, sit down in a showroom and spend a good amount of time customising the AID because I wouldn't want you to regret or miss out by deleting it. Think of how it will affect your re-sale value too.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #18 on: 02 May 2017, 12:56 »

Yeah, there is a 'No Cost' option to delete the Active Info Display which costs £495 on other models. :rolleyes: I know how you feel and I wish they had made it an option rather than standard. However, I'm not going to delete it.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 02 May 2017, 13:19 »
Thinking about (with all this fog-gate etc) I want my order to be as simple as possible, so will just leave it.
It would probably still turn up with it even if I did de-select it  :grin: