Author Topic: Car thefts on the increase, since keyless entry?  (Read 7782 times)

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
Re: Car thefts on the increase, since keyless entry?
« Reply #10 on: 25 April 2017, 18:56 »
Anyone use transport mode? I use it when going on holiday.

Sorry, I have never hear of this, what is it?
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 25 April 2017, 19:06 »

Basically it puts the car into hibernation and nothing will work. It is meant to stop the battery running down while parked up for a long time or being say transported to like America where it will spend weeks on a boat.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 25 April 2017, 19:46 »

Basically it puts the car into hibernation and nothing will work. It is meant to stop the battery running down while parked up for a long time or being say transported to like America where it will spend weeks on a boat.

Transport mode is a new one on me how and where are the settings for it as I would assume a few peeps on here would be interested
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 25 April 2017, 20:18 »
I Googled Transport Mode.I think you need access to someone with VCDS (Vag-Com) to switch it on and off.
Sounds like a  pretty handy thing to have.
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 25 April 2017, 22:15 »
I Googled Transport Mode.I think you need access to someone with VCDS (Vag-Com) to switch it on and off.
Sounds like a  pretty handy thing to have.

Yes it needs VCDS or OBDeleven, I've been using it for over 10 years.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline HeyBert

• Just got here
« Reply #15 on: 25 April 2017, 22:57 »
I have the Autowatch Ghost fitted to mine and its worked flawlessly. Irrespective of whether thieves bypass the OBD or have the keys, without the code which is inputted by a series of self selected/programmed button presses, the car won't start.

Mind you, still didn't stop someone from having a crack at breaking into my house for the keys recently.

Also use a disklok following that when parked overnight or for any length of time.

VW Golf GTI MK7 5 door DSG in Tornado Red

Offline OscarStorm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 26 April 2017, 00:13 »
Has anyone had a tracker fitted? I noticed the VW configurator allows you to include the Vodafone Protect and Connect 6. The website mentions 25% discount on insurance with this fitted, so slightly tempted as I work away some weeks. So any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 26 April 2017, 07:57 »
Has anyone had a tracker fitted? I noticed the VW configurator allows you to include the Vodafone Protect and Connect 6. The website mentions 25% discount on insurance with this fitted, so slightly tempted as I work away some weeks. So any recommendations would be much appreciated.

The 25% discount looks as if it only applies to motor home and caravans fitted with Vodafone Protect and Connect 5 or 6 that are insured with Caravan Guard Insurance.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline OscarStorm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 26 April 2017, 15:26 »

The 25% discount looks as if it only applies to motor home and caravans fitted with Vodafone Protect and Connect 5 or 6 that are insured with Caravan Guard Insurance.

Oops, I must have saw the 25% and did not read the rest correctly. Still tempted as it will help give me some piece of mind when I am away with work. Need to research the options more though.

Offline OscarStorm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 26 April 2017, 15:29 »
I have the Autowatch Ghost fitted to mine and its worked flawlessly. Irrespective of whether thieves bypass the OBD or have the keys, without the code which is inputted by a series of self selected/programmed button presses, the car won't start.

Mind you, still didn't stop someone from having a crack at breaking into my house for the keys recently.

Also use a disklok following that when parked overnight or for any length of time.

I have had a quick look at the website and a local company install the products so interested. How has it been installed in your car, the site mentions it integrates with existing components within the car cabin.