Author Topic: Third wave of New Golf engines confirmed for launch  (Read 8635 times)

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
Re: Third wave of New Golf engines confirmed for launch
« Reply #20 on: 21 April 2017, 20:43 »
I am sure VW uk will update there price lists and apologise soon......

Don't know why sport and sound pack isn't an option yet. It was a really well priced and cool option on MK7 GTD so hopefully it will become an option again soon. However not many people choose it so maybe because of little uptake, I think they should make it standard and just put the price up....
Evo1986 you are spot on - can you use your inside influence with VW to rectify the situation quickly?  Where would you advise we e-mail to complain to VW UK about their shortcomings?
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 23 April 2017, 01:00 »
I tagged along on a BMW shopping trip recently. The difference between the BMW dealer and the VW dealers was stark.

We had phoned ahead to tell them we were interested in viewing a particular car. When we arrived <1 hour later, the car in question was parked at the door, ready for demo. We were introduced to a "product guy" - basically a BMW-nerd who was able to explain every little detail about the car and we couldn't catch him out on any questions. He had swallowed the product guide  :laugh: That guy took us for a test drive (after explaining how he had kindly left the air-con running for us before we arrived to ensure the car was comfy).

Only when we got back from the test drive did the salesman take over - and again he was very courteous and professional. Knew his stuff inside out.

It was a very enlightening experience (being more used to VW dealers).

Did he show the indicators working on it?  Apparently all MY 2017 cars are now fitted with indicators as standard, but this could be just a rumour.
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 26 April 2017, 13:13 »
Calling all members

go to
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/about-us/customer-care

and Start a Live Chat conversation about the lack of front fog lights on GTD / GTi's

I've just done that and Mohammed spoke to the Technical Sales Team and gave this response;

If you come back to us in a couple of weeks we may have some positive information regarding front fog lights.  We haven't released anything officially yet, so I'm unable to comment further, but we at expecting some new direct information about the front fog lights being on GTD / GTI's.

So come on guys - people power - get bombarding them for this official news to be released a.s.a.p.
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 26 April 2017, 13:49 »
Calling all members

go to
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/about-us/customer-care

and Start a Live Chat conversation about the lack of front fog lights on GTD / GTi's

I've just done that and Mohammed spoke to the Technical Sales Team and gave this response;

If you come back to us in a couple of weeks we may have some positive information regarding front fog lights.  We haven't released anything officially yet, so I'm unable to comment further, but we at expecting some new direct information about the front fog lights being on GTD / GTI's.

So come on guys - people power - get bombarding them for this official news to be released a.s.a.p.

I might wait until later

5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline brown.jamesa

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 27 April 2017, 18:24 »
Anyone managed to order a GTI performance yet?

The deals are already on Drive the Deal, but contacting dealers through carwow, they say its not on the system yet?

Looks like I will have to wait until next week.

31,105.00    VOLKSWAGEN GOLF HATCHBACK 2.0 TSI 245 GTI PERFORMANCE 5DR DSG
 280.00    Special solid - Tornado red
 95.00    Heat-insulating tinted glass 90%
 1,325.00    Discover Pro DVD nav/radio system (DNS PRO) with Gesture Control
 750.00    Art velours cloth upholstery
 550.00    Dynaudio Excite soundpack
 630.00    Lane assist including Dynamic Light Assist
 265.00    Rear view camera
 295.00    Climate windscreen
 365.00    Keyless entry

35,660.00 Total RRP

Drive the Deal
 30,310.93  (-5,349.07 = 15.0%)

« Last Edit: 27 April 2017, 19:21 by brown.jamesa »
Current: Mk7.5 GTI PP (67)
Past: Mk6 GTD (12), Mk5 GT TDI 140 (54)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #26 on: 28 April 2017, 10:29 »
Available to order from today and an updated price list will be available on the 3rd of May.

Carwow dealers will be offering the same % of discount as non performance pack models

Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline brown.jamesa

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 28 April 2017, 10:32 »
Cheers for confirming
Current: Mk7.5 GTI PP (67)
Past: Mk6 GTD (12), Mk5 GT TDI 140 (54)

Offline Wish

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 28 April 2017, 14:23 »
Mine was ordered yesterday.