Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142201 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Love the silver Ed40 wantmygti, really impressed with that.
I'd wondered when you'd post a few shots up :afro:

Gasco1 it's be good to see a few more action shots.
Nice to see a ClubSport being put through its paces. Are you on standard tyres? Apologies if I've missed a thread on it but I've been a tad busy and had to neglect the forums of late
Agreed :smiley:
Exonian, I wouldn't mind seeing a few more shots of your CS while we're at it :whistle:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline gasco1

• Not said much yet
Exonian yes on standard tyres. It's only a 30 second lap so not to much stress on the tyre's. No thread on this at the moment  will probably post some more pics in this thread if that's ok.

Offline wantmygti

• I live here

Nice to see a ClubSport being put through its paces. Are you on standard tyres? Apologies if I've missed a thread on it but I've been a tad busy and had to neglect the forums of late
Exonian, I wouldn't mind seeing a few more shots of your CS while we're at it :whistle:

Thanks chaps!
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict

Meh, bored of it now, I need a 7.5 in my life - Clubsports are so last week...

Only joking! Instead of my usual lack of car use depressing me about how much it's depreciating sat doing nothing I've played a trick on myself and convinced myself that it's a limited run model that needs to be kept wrapped up away from the ravages of the big bad world. So in essence it's covered in pollen and dust locked in the garage most of the time and I've been working so much I've not taken it anywhere photogenic due to distinct lack of time and energy. I'd planned on cleaning it today but it's bloomin' raining on and off here. Grrrrrr.
Plus I feel a bit of a tit taking pictures of my car which is kind of ironic considering most of my spare time is spent looking at other people's car pics...  :rolleyes:

Which is a typically long and convoluted way of saying "I'll get round to it soon I hope"

Exonian yes on standard tyres. It's only a 30 second lap so not to much stress on the tyre's. No thread on this at the moment  will probably post some more pics in this thread if that's ok.

That's good to know as 99% of the forum think S001's are the work of the devil and the car will fall off the road at any given opportunity! I don't find them that bad to be honest aside from the horrendous din they make on certain surfaces.

And please, post away with pics, we can never have too many pics (plus that saves me the job of taking pics of mine, we can just look at yours)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline NK

• Not said much yet
No 738 CS

Plain black seat belts in mine, not happy at all about that as no good reason for it IMO
The interior should feel special like the edition it is,
The Front door sills should also have an illuminating "GTI" I believe

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
Welcome NK. I agree with all your points mate. Should also have the illuminated strip in the door in my opinion. Still doesn't take away from it being a fantastic car, I love mine. Enjoy. :smiley:
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van

Meh, bored of it now, I need a 7.5 in my life - Clubsports are so last week...

Only joking! Instead of my usual lack of car use depressing me about how much it's depreciating sat doing nothing I've played a trick on myself and convinced myself that it's a limited run model that needs to be kept wrapped up away from the ravages of the big bad world. So in essence it's covered in pollen and dust locked in the garage most of the time and I've been working so much I've not taken it anywhere photogenic due to distinct lack of time and energy. I'd planned on cleaning it today but it's bloomin' raining on and off here. Grrrrrr.
Plus I feel a bit of a tit taking pictures of my car which is kind of ironic considering most of my spare time is spent looking at other people's car pics...  :rolleyes:

Which is a typically long and convoluted way of saying "I'll get round to it soon I hope"

I've not felt a tit for a long time unfortunately :cry:

That's good to know as 99% of the forum think S001's are the work of the devil and the car will fall off the road at any given opportunity! I don't find them that bad to be honest aside from the horrendous din they make on certain surfaces.

And please, post away with pics, we can never have too many pics (plus that saves me the job of taking pics of mine, we can just look at yours)
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline NK

• Not said much yet
Welcome NK. I agree with all your points mate. Should also have the illuminated strip in the door in my opinion. Still doesn't take away from it being a fantastic car, I love mine. Enjoy. :smiley:

cheers Davey-c, agree a great car! Always brings a smile to my face. Love the smooth engine  note.
I sometimes think that VW need to churn out the 1000 clubsport uk models in a bit of a rush prior to the mk 7.5 and with no incentive to honour previous publicised interior specs

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
Out of interest:

Did any of the ED40 Clubsports come with ambient lighting? I remember reading a German forum a year or two ago, as the early ones were starting to come through on the continent, that they thought the leather equipped cars might have the ambient lighting. In other posts people said that the honeycomb 40 trims didn't have the LED strip at all no matter what spec you had.

And which specs came with the red seatbelt edges? Mine being a cheapo spec doesn't have them.

Sorry for late reply, my Clubsport came with ambient lighting (the red strip light across the door). I wasn't expecting it as I'd read no CS had it.

I've no idea why some don't? Maybe leather trim as opposed to CS seats?
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #670
Carbon Grey Metallic, Black Roof, DSG, Leather, 19" Brescias, I'm in love with a car, help me.

Offline faisal_uk

• Not said much yet
These Clubsports look great! Really want an Edition 40 now.
Agree with others that the R is a great all round car but doesn't look like a £32K car.

Does anyone have any updates on how many clubsports were produced in the end and I am assuming they have all been delivered now?
Might wait and see if the face lift models have any affect on the MK7 prices.

Originally looking at getting a used (standard) GTI with a few decent options - but prices at dealers haven't dropped much.