Author Topic: Superchips bluefin  (Read 13967 times)

Offline GloriaGTI

• Not said much yet
  • Nic
Re: Superchips bluefin
« Reply #30 on: 19 April 2017, 10:14 »
I ordered mine last week so will hopefully be here tomorrow. Mine is a manual so I will be able to feed back how it is. I'm guessing you are asking because of the manual clutch issues! Are they really that bad? Who knows. I think the bluefin is one of the more reserved remaps out there so will see

I have DSG. I was wondering how that behaves with the Bluefin. On my ED30 I had the dsg map to go with Revo Stg1 so the gear changes were'nt all over the place.

No problems whatsoever with my DSG.

The only thing I've noticed is the little bit of acceleration the car does for a split second when you're shifting up gears is more pronounced.
« Last Edit: 19 April 2017, 10:16 by GloriaGTI »
Mk7 GTI PP DSG - Limestone Grey w/ black Austin's

Offline HeyBert

• Just got here
« Reply #31 on: 27 April 2017, 20:56 »
Anybody know why Bluefin for the MK7 GTI 220ps isn't listed from 04/2015 onwards and only between 04/2013-03/2015?

Both engine types are the same CHHB.

Did something change to the ECU which prevents Bluefin operating via the OBD?
VW Golf GTI MK7 5 door DSG in Tornado Red

Offline GloriaGTI

• Not said much yet
  • Nic
« Reply #32 on: 28 April 2017, 14:14 »
Anybody know why Bluefin for the MK7 GTI 220ps isn't listed from 04/2015 onwards and only between 04/2013-03/2015?

Both engine types are the same CHHB.

Did something change to the ECU which prevents Bluefin operating via the OBD?

Highly doubt it but give them a call, 01280 816781

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 29 April 2017, 04:25 »
Somewhere around March 2015 VW changed the encryption on the ECU's and Superchips Bluefin won't work on those ECUs.
I spoke to Superchips about it when I had my R first of all. Mine was registered early May 2015 so would have been built around the time the ECU changes came into being. They said my car would be 50/50 whether it was locked out or not so I went for a JB1 instead.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline HeyBert

• Just got here
« Reply #34 on: 29 April 2017, 09:21 »
Somewhere around March 2015 VW changed the encryption on the ECU's and Superchips Bluefin won't work on those ECUs.
I spoke to Superchips about it when I had my R first of all. Mine was registered early May 2015 so would have been built around the time the ECU changes came into being. They said my car would be 50/50 whether it was locked out or not so I went for a JB1 instead.

Thanks, you're right. I spoke with them yesterday and they have yet to overcome access issues to the ECU using Bluefin. Thats a shame as it looked like a nice and simple solution to adding/removing maps.
VW Golf GTI MK7 5 door DSG in Tornado Red

Offline kelvyn29

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 30 May 2017, 16:51 »
I have a late 2016 car (Picked up end September) & asked bluefin for a quote to supply, sadly they said not at he minute but are working on it :)

"Dear Kelvyn,

Thank you for your enquiry.

VAG changed the OBD security in March 2015, and we have not been able to offer bluefin for later cars.
However, we have been making good progress, and bluefin for your car should be available soon.
Please keep an eye on our website and social media for news.

Kind regards,

Dominic"

Offline random_nickname

• Not said much yet
« Reply #36 on: 31 May 2017, 16:03 »
I'm still on the fence which remap to go for but quite like the sound of the Bluefin. Maybe not as aggressive as some but will probably cause less wear and tear over the years.

I take it you can flash back to original map if required as well?
| GOLF MK7 GTI | PP | DSG | KEYLESS | DYNAUDIO | SUNROOF | 3DR | WHITE |

Offline Sandtrap

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #37 on: 31 May 2017, 16:24 »
Just installed stage one blue fin to my 2014 GTI PP . Found it very good but its not my first blue fin , had 2012 R mapped to stage two with blue fin .
Anyway I had engine management light on ( full miltek fitted just before the blue fin )
So now I've up it to the stage two today ! Not driven much yet but what I've seen seems encouraging and probably not pushing to the limit like some maps can !
I would have been happy with stage one but due to the cat light I've went to two and don't regret it
2014 GTI Performance
2012 Golf R DSG
2010 GTD
2008 GTD
2007 GTI

Offline GloriaGTI

• Not said much yet
  • Nic
« Reply #38 on: 15 June 2017, 15:27 »
I'm still on the fence which remap to go for but quite like the sound of the Bluefin. Maybe not as aggressive as some but will probably cause less wear and tear over the years.

I take it you can flash back to original map if required as well?

Sorry it's a late reply, probably found your answer by now but yes you can flash back to stock map.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 15 June 2017, 20:55 »
Is anyone running a bluefin on their mk7 GTI?
According to their website it is available for the GTI up to 3/2015 models, mine is a 2013.

I had one on my mk6 and loved it.  :cool:

I remember the mk7 couldn't be mapped using the bluefin when it first came out but it seems as though it now can be.

Anyone actually using one at the moment?

Is this an alternative to the Bluefin without getting a proper stage 1 remap?

https://tdi-tuning.com/car/volkswagen/golf/20-tsi-227-bhp-230-ps-169-kw-300-nm-221-lbft/crtd4-multi-channel-petrol-tuning-box-chip

They have told me (and confirmed on the website) that this will increase power from 227bhp to 279 and torque up to 369nm. Which would be a decent increase for £380. And it can be easily removed if required and remapped if you change cars.

Thoughts?

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey