Author Topic: Two odd questions  (Read 1764 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Two odd questions
« on: 21 March 2017, 23:57 »
Couple of other miscellaneous questions in my mind tonight:

1) In Germany do they sell a 5 door performance Golf? (I've never seen one)

2) How much does a DSG7 gearbox weigh vs a 6 speed manual one?

Enquiring minds and all that...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Two odd questions
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2017, 09:06 »

Do you need to get out more? :laugh: :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2017, 09:12 »
Yeah maybe... I was having quite a Golf fixated day yesterday. My eldest daughter actually told me that I ought to go out to the pub or something because she was sick of me talking about cars! My wife has already given up saying such things...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2017, 09:19 »
My OH just gives me 'that look', boredom with a hint of menace. That normal shuts me up.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2017, 15:38 »

1) Yes but you need to add '4 doors' as a extra @ 900 euro.

On the subject of this, I've noticed when you configure a GTD on German site, there is an option as below: (translated)

The package "Sport & Style" fulfills a special task: elegant shaping to give a sporty expression. This is achieved with a few important details, such as the red brake calipers and the four "Sevilla" 7.5 J x 18 light-alloy wheels with a glossy surface. Together, they form a unity of elegant dynamism.

Its basically the standard UK GTD wheels with red painted calipers, (no exhaust soundaktor) as you get 17's standard in Germany.

Wonder if the red caliper option will become available in UK? Did the S&S pack last time on the mk7 take a few months to be added to the configurator?

2) Gross vehicle weights for the mk7.5 GTD:
7 speed DSG 1900kg
6 speed manual 1890kg

« Last Edit: 22 March 2017, 15:43 by GTD1414 »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2017, 16:28 »
Cheers for that.

Yes, S&S, I wonder if we will see that again ever? Not very common for people to spec it (at least on this forum) but those who have/had it seemed to rate it highly.

PS the reason why I was asking about the weight of the DSG was I was trying to figure out how on a R the DSG7 gives a massively lower CO2 figure than the manual (160 for dsg and 180 for manual on a 3 door) yet on all other models DSG is worse, not better. Hmmm actually, I am wrong about that... the GTI 3 door is 145 for DSG6 and 148 for manual... clearly its just the GTD that doesn't do so well on DSG6 or 7...

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 24 March 2017, 07:41 »
I have Sport & Sound on my current 65 plate GTD and am gutted that currently you cannot order a GTD with this on for the Mk7.5 - am holding off ordering a new one until the mid year build changes are announced to see if it comes back on the options list - yes please VW!
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013