Author Topic: Facelift GTI Performance  (Read 4904 times)

Offline ashleyman

• Not said much yet
Facelift GTI Performance
« on: 21 March 2017, 23:28 »
Unsure if this has already been posted but came across this image and details earlier on and thought it might interest you guys!

The new Golf GTI Performance is now available to order
Latest version with 180 kW/245 PS has more power than its predecessor
Active Info Display as well as many other features supplied as standard

Genuine GTI enthusiasts can now configure and order the vehicle of their dreams. The new Golf GTI Performance with 180 kW/245 PS is optionally available with 6-speed manual gearbox or a new 7-speed dual clutch gearbox (DSG). The sporty compact car impresses with its high lateral and longitudinal dynamics due to the combination of smooth power delivery, perfect chassis tuning and, not least, the electronic front differential lock. Prices for the Golf GTI Performance start from 32,475 euros (with 6-speed manual gearbox).

The Golf update also brings a refresher for the most dynamic version, the Golf GTI Performance. With a 15 PS increase in output over its predecessor, the new model accelerates up to 100 km/h in 6.2 seconds. The maximum torque increases by 20 to 370 Nm, and the front differential lock fitted as standard applies this power effordlessly to the road while increasing the lateral acceleration potential when emerging from bends.

On its exterior, the Golf GTI Performance differs from the GTI with 169 kW/230 PS by virtue of the GTI badge on its front red brake callipers, red GTI lettering at the front and rear, and larger internally-ventilated disc brakes (front: 340 mm, rear: 310 mm).

The new GTI Performance additionally has an extended range of standard features. In addition to the Active Info Display, the new Composition Media radio including eight loudspeakers and automatic headlight control with daytime running lights, the Golf GTI Performance also has automatic anti-dazzle interior mirrors, a rain sensor as well as a telephone and USB interface on board as standard.

Offline Wide

• I live here
Re: Facelift GTI Performance
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2017, 06:20 »
Nice :), i have one order.

Hope it will be nice ;)
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline msrowell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2017, 12:44 »
Unfortunately the latest price list or online configurator doesn't show the performance pack addon. I'm waiting for it to appear so I can order a new GTI!

Offline juicelow

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2017, 15:06 »
I also have one on order: :laugh:

Dark iron blue
Dynauadio
DCC
Active info display
« Last Edit: 22 March 2017, 15:10 by juicelow »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 23 March 2017, 09:00 »
I wonder if the difference from pre FL pp bhp to FL pp bhp is just a software update??
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5 on: 23 March 2017, 09:11 »
I wonder if the difference from pre FL pp bhp to FL pp bhp is just a software update??

All of these minor power tweaks will be a minor tweak in software.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 23 March 2017, 21:45 »
Doubt vw dealers will update a pre FL model with new software 😀

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2017, 22:07 »
It's just another ecu map like the tuners do. Adding 10ps to a mk7 pp... What do the third parties add? Far more than that.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 24 March 2017, 08:18 »
Yes but at least if it was done by vw you'd keep your warranty intact and to be honest i don't fancy anything more than extra 15hp ish in case it starts to cause clutch issues.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 24 March 2017, 09:31 »
Think the GTI came out best in the styling stakes mainly as the awkward red line through headlights works well now and the GTI gets the twin DRL which was always desired from its R sibling.

Where think the scoops do not look great on the R, think they work much better with the front fogs on the GTI

And overall actually do think the GTI has been uplifted into something better looking.

Saw a white Clubsport (Model with the Pretoria) this week, first seen in flesh, and really, really liked it, much more than in all the photos that had seen previously.

Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC