Author Topic: Went for a drive in a Mark 7 Golf R Estate today!  (Read 3365 times)

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
Re: Went for a drive in a Mark 7 Golf R Estate today!
« Reply #10 on: 22 March 2017, 11:49 »
I will probably get the mirrors carbon wrapped and even toying with the idea of having the roof wrapped in gloss black a bit like the performance R!  :evil:
Black mirrors going on mine at the weekend and also going for a gloss black roof wrap  :cool:

That will look fantastic  :cool: Post some pictures up when you get it done  :evil:
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 22 March 2017, 11:50 »
I will probably get the mirrors carbon wrapped and even toying with the idea of having the roof wrapped in gloss black a bit like the performance R!  :evil:
Black mirrors going on mine at the weekend and also going for a gloss black roof wrap  :cool:

First of all Congratulations on your purchase Sam, very nice spec... :cool:

Thanks Mr GTD  :wink:

@ Raffe - Out of interest (if you don't mind me asking) how much is the wrap costing you...?

I got a quote but I only need half of the roof wrapped due to the Panroof which was £140.
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 22 March 2017, 11:51 »

I'm getting my mirrors carbon dipped, should look good against the night blue.

Carbon dipped, thats new to me! Again, would look really cool and post some pictures up when you've got it done  :cool:

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 22 March 2017, 12:10 »

I'm getting my mirrors carbon dipped, should look good against the night blue.

Carbon dipped, thats new to me! Again, would look really cool and post some pictures up when you've got it done  :cool:

This is where I'm getting them done https://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/carbon-dipping-gallery
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #14 on: 22 March 2017, 13:17 »
I've never seen that before, but reading their stuff its basically a decal sheet applied to the item and then lacquered over the top to seal it.

Not sure thats any better or worse than just "old fashioned" wrapping.

I did like their options list - the sandstone finish was quite nice or maybe a nice polished granite...

https://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/category/film-design
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #15 on: 22 March 2017, 13:33 »
BTW I did find this thread that talks about wrapping vs "dipping" and some of the problems...

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1135829

Thought you might like to read that...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC