Author Topic: Facelift Golf R seen on Autotrader  (Read 11721 times)

Offline infernox

• Not said much yet
Facelift Golf R seen on Autotrader
« on: 20 March 2017, 14:23 »
Just saw a facelift Golf R on Autotrader, take a look.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703203468275?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

To me it really doesn't seem that much different from the pre-facelift after checking these pictures. The main difference is the front air intake and the wheels. The virtual cockpit doesn't seem as good as the Audi's version. I think with our cars being right hand drive, the infotainment system seems a bit awkward with all the controls being on the left, must be easier to use on left hand drive cars.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: Facelift Golf R seen on Autotrader
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2017, 14:59 »
The wheels are truly hideous. VW appear to have taken all their old wheel designs and spiralled/twisted them round a bit.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2017, 15:05 »
£40k for a car that has 5k miles on it. Are they having a laugh?

Offline infernox

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2017, 15:26 »
I was looking to get a new Golf R too but these pictures have put me off a bit. The 7 speed gearbox will be a plus, anyone know if the exhaust sound is better? I know the S3 facelift got some good exhaust noises now.

Yeah don't get me started on used car prices CraigW. No pictures yet but here's a 66 plate Golf R with 11k miles on it for £37k.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703022827251?

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2017, 15:37 »
I was looking to get a new Golf R too but these pictures have put me off a bit. The 7 speed gearbox will be a plus, anyone know if the exhaust sound is better? I know the S3 facelift got some good exhaust noises now.

Yeah don't get me started on used car prices CraigW. No pictures yet but here's a 66 plate Golf R with 11k miles on it for £37k.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703022827251?

Same car to the same spec brand new £34k on DTD

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 20 March 2017, 15:46 »
How would that manage to have 5k miles on it? Haven't these facelifts literally just arrived at the dealers the last 2 weeks or so?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 20 March 2017, 16:07 »

It's a pre-reg'd dealer demo so they can't sell it for a few months hence the guesstimate at mileage.

Plus don't compare DTD prices which are fleet dept sourced with a retail showroom trying to get as much money out of punters as they can!  :lipsrsealed:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 20 March 2017, 16:11 »
the wheels are terrible but fortunately prets are still an option (the first box I'd tick).
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 20 March 2017, 16:23 »
I know I'm getting old and all that but reading through the spec list in the ad description takes forever. I remember looking at VW's in the old autotrader mag (in black and white!) and the most you'd hope for were a rear fog light, heated rear window and rear seat belts, maybe a radio too if you were really pushing the boat out!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 March 2017, 16:32 »

It's a pre-reg'd dealer demo so they can't sell it for a few months hence the guesstimate at mileage.

Plus don't compare DTD prices which are fleet dept sourced with a retail showroom trying to get as much money out of punters as they can!  :lipsrsealed:

You have to compare to show the sheer madness of these prices. Anyone who buys a golf touching £40k is clinically insane in my opinion