Author Topic: Detailed Golf R 310 showroom review  (Read 4062 times)

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
Re: Detailed Golf R 310 showroom review
« Reply #10 on: 17 March 2017, 16:52 »
Wish they would make the exhaust a bit more 'noisy'

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 17 March 2017, 16:56 »
I wouldn't ever call it nasty. A bit plain and uninspiring maybe but it suits the character of the car.
The alcantara is grippy and the R would ideally need bigger bolsters if you spec slippy leather.
Having spent two months with a cold bum on higher quality leather than VW offer I'm happy to be back sitting on cloth  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 17 March 2017, 16:59 »
I wasn't a fan of the light grey alcantara bolsters on the mark 7 R. Glad they changed this to a grey that actually compliments the interior. I spec'd leather in my GTD as I hated the grey tartan, but wouldn't go the extra for the leather again. Really happy with the way VW have changed the seats in the new R  :cool:
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 March 2017, 08:42 »
I am also a fan of the cloth seats. Super heated leather seats in the summer is also not a fun experience when wearing shorts. In regard to the light grey of the seats in the Golf R Mk7 I have grown to like it a lot and feel I prefer it to the new darker grey/almost black colour.  I also feel I prefer the front valance on the MK7 over the MK7.5 seen on the video of a previous post.  The air intakes just look too fussy and smaller on the MK7.5 I can see what they are trying to do, but it all looks a little too fussy, constrained in proportions and lacking presence.  Not that I am saying the MK7 R looked like an extra from Fast & Furious in comparison. It's just there are certain stying elements like the black side skirt, and front valance etc, which I personally feel have lost some of the presence the MK7 Golf R did have going for it. 

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 18 March 2017, 23:34 »
The brake lights on that looks like an after thought.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 19 March 2017, 11:48 »
Wish they would make the exhaust a bit more 'noisy'

Easy to sort with a res delete pipe, exactly what I have done with my R which gives it a bit more snap, crackle and pop  :evil:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 19 March 2017, 14:07 »
Black wheels have never done anything for me really, and afraid that R is no different  :cry:
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 19 March 2017, 22:50 »
Right, firstly black prets look naff, remind me of flare trousers, been there done that. I'm older now. Plus new cloth way nicer than previous be honest though could be way nicer even standard. With just a hint of blue thread. And digi display awesome!! Everyone will want it,for sure so more flexible for info where you need it to be in  front of you.
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.