Author Topic: Detailed Golf R 310 showroom review  (Read 4063 times)

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
Re: Detailed Golf R 310 showroom review
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2017, 11:52 »
Amazing video. Those black Pretoria wheels looking so hard core on the Lapiz blue R! I want one!!  :evil:
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2017, 14:14 »
Amazing video. Those black Pretoria wheels looking so hard core on the Lapiz blue R! I want one!!  :evil:

I really like the black Pretoria too, but maybe more so on darker colours, think Lapiz better suited to chrome, but hey, that's subjective.

The one thing would like to know, having scuffed my Pretoria, is what is under the black coat? is it base metal?

My scuffs are quite mild and you only notice if go looking, but if scuff the black which can happen anytime, is the outcome readily visible due to the contrast?
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 17 March 2017, 14:28 »
It's..... "awesome".
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 17 March 2017, 14:32 »
Blimey, that guy's enthusiasm could send you to sleep!
Still 10/10 for him for effort from someone who can't even be arsed to take a photo of his car most of the time never mind spend ages making a full on video of it.

The dials don't look much better than the performance monitor thingies on later second gen MIB units but I guess that's the future now folks. I don't love them nor do I hate them, just tech for tech's sake (or cost cutting). Shame the needles don't contrast as the dials on the mK7 R were the car's standout feature.

It's good to see the shiny silver accents have been dropped but the R is gradually losing its unique identity.

With a nod back to seatgate when lots of R owners decided they'd rather eat mud than sit on mid-grey alcantara, I have to say the all black interior reminds me of a Golf Convertible I had the loan of a few years ago that was completely black inside (with alcantara seats). The actual alcantatra is very grippy but at least with the grey seat edges of the 7R there was a bit of contrast in the interior of the car rather than it looking like an Emo kid's bedroom.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 17 March 2017, 14:50 »
With a nod back to seatgate when lots of R owners decided they'd rather eat mud than sit on mid-grey alcantara, I have to say the all black interior reminds me of a Golf Convertible I had the loan of a few years ago that was completely black inside (with alcantara seats). The actual alcantatra is very grippy but at least with the grey seat edges of the 7R there was a bit of contrast in the interior of the car rather than it looking like an Emo kid's bedroom.

But it's not 'all black' now

« Last Edit: 17 March 2017, 14:56 by master_hayabusa »

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6 on: 17 March 2017, 15:03 »
Love the black Pret's :smiley: don't love the digital dials at all  :sad:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 17 March 2017, 15:16 »

It looks it from the video.
50 shades of not quite black.  :lipsrsealed:

I could live with it.
I just preferred the pre FL interior.

I'm 50/50 on the exterior.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 17 March 2017, 15:34 »

It looks it from the video.
50 shades of not quite black.  :lipsrsealed:

I could live with it.
I just preferred the pre FL interior.

I'm 50/50 on the exterior.

I see what you mean. Actually from the video it seems the actual seat part is a lighter grey. Lets see.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 17 March 2017, 16:49 »
This is what the cloth seats look like in the FL. I wish they did a half leather / alcantara option. I think the cloth is nasty.

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.