Author Topic: Any good deals on the MK7 out there?  (Read 7608 times)

Offline infernox

• Not said much yet
Re: Any good deals on the MK7 out there?
« Reply #21 on: 21 March 2017, 14:23 »
I just got the email from Lookers about that. I've enquired, strange that they have no branches in the midlands. I do prefer the Clubsport over the new R and GTI so hopefully there's a good deal with the extras I'm looking for.

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #22 on: 21 March 2017, 17:58 »
I so prefer the interior styling of the MK7 compared to the MK7.5. Also, the wheels. Maybe just me but think they've made the styling a little too fussy. Just a shame I can't find any deals on a new GTI  :cry:

Offline Zack

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 21 March 2017, 18:39 »
I so prefer the interior styling of the MK7 compared to the MK7.5. Also, the wheels. Maybe just me but think they've made the styling a little too fussy. Just a shame I can't find any deals on a new GTI  :cry:

Plenty of deals on new GTi with at least over £3K off

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #24 on: 21 March 2017, 18:52 »

Plenty of deals on new GTi with at least over £3K off

Sorry, I meant the MK7 GTI. Only deal is £3,250 off but there's pretty much no stock.

Offline Zack

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 21 March 2017, 19:03 »
It was posted on here only 4 days ago that there are discounts in the region of £6-7K off the MK7 (outgoing model), just a case of phoning dealers and seeing what stock they have. I was at one recently that had several in stock. I get the impression that you keep looking for excuses not to commit, maybe wrong, but some people talk it and some people do it???

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #26 on: 21 March 2017, 19:09 »
Ha. No definately ready to commit although, yes i am not used to spending this much on a car so just want it to be right. I've called a few local dealers and they had no stock so I'll just have to try further afield. What was the dealer you went to that had several in stock? Thanks.

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #28 on: 25 March 2017, 16:37 »
Just been offered a new (MK7) R, 5dr, white, manual, standard spec for £25,995. Good deal?

Offline infernox

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 25 March 2017, 16:46 »
Just been offered a new (MK7) R, 5dr, white, manual, standard spec for £25,995. Good deal?

Is it totally new as in 0 miles and 17 plate? Then yeah I'd say it is. Same price as they sell 16 plate ones with 6k miles on them.