Author Topic: New Member and looking for some info  (Read 1192 times)

Offline The Orb

• Just got here
New Member and looking for some info
« on: 05 March 2017, 15:33 »
Hi just purchased a MK VII Golf GTI and i was wondering about the blue fin remap any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 05 March 2017, 15:38 by The Orb »

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: New Member and looking for some info
« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2017, 16:38 »
Hi and Welcome

Get some pics up when you can.

I personally haven't had any experience with Blue Fin so can't comment on that percific map.

In my MK6 GTD days I ran a Carbon Chip Tuning map which transformed the car. I've just taken delivery myself of a MK7 GTD and I brought a DTUK Tuning CRDT-3 stage 2 box which I will be putting on the car once it's had it run in period. The DTUK box has been well discussed on here and i can't say I've heard a bad word against it. https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-volkswagen-vw_golf-vii_2.0-tsi-220ps-gti

They also do a Pedal Box which sharpens up the loud pedal response. It cuts out any delays the standard pedal response has. With just the Pedal Box it feels like it's been mapped as in it feel faster but real terms it hasn't done anything to your bhp or torque. That's what's magic about it. I also have this fitted and so do a lot of the MK7 GTD/I/R members on here.

If you wonder over to the MK7 threads and have scroll through the many discussions you will come across this one which explains more about the Pedal Box http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=278239.0

« Last Edit: 05 March 2017, 16:41 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline The Orb

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2017, 17:03 »
thanks for that ill give them a phone tomorrow and ill try and get some pics up soon. Is it a plug and play item?

Offline Zack

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 05 March 2017, 19:20 »
Welcome Ord, this subject is a real can of worms lol. Pedal box is very easy to fit and is very popular mod, have a look at DTUK website, they're also on Youtube. Superchips are one of the cheapest options for a remap, depends how big yer wallet is.

Where are you based?

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 06 March 2017, 06:45 »
thanks for that ill give them a phone tomorrow and ill try and get some pics up soon. Is it a plug and play item?

Yes mate both units are plug & play and take around 10-15mins to fit if you want to neatly sort the wires ect.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather