Author Topic: MY MK7 GTD  (Read 8939 times)

Offline hardmonkeys

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: MY MK7 GTD
« Reply #10 on: 03 March 2017, 13:59 »
they were good with me when i got my mk5 back in 2010
'05 VW Golf Mk V GT TDI Laser Blue
'98 VW Golf Mk IV GTi Black
'97 VW Golf Mk III GTi
'58 VW Golf Mk V GT Sport TDI Steel Grey
'10 Audi A4 B8 SE Multitronic

'00 VW Golf Mk III.V Cabrio

MK3.5 Cabrio 2.0 8v Automatic to 2.0 16v Manual Conversion Project

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=272728.

www.dorsetautorestore.co.uk

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 03 March 2017, 14:32 »
Looking great there Mr GTD! Enjoy!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 03 March 2017, 15:11 »
they were good with me when i got my mk5 back in 2010

Yeh Marc(my salesman) has been great and I stuck with him from my MK6 days as he kept me well informed of progress through the ordering.

I dropped him in some single malt whiskey yesterday just to show my gratitude.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline agentutah

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 03 March 2017, 20:35 »

On a side note - My leaving/coming home Lights don't work properly. To make the feature work I pull the stalk back just before I get of the car. Is this right…?

But when I unlock my car at night the lights don't light up as they did on my MK6.

Is there percific coding through VCDS that I can use to get them working as they should..? i.e so I don't have to use the stalk all the time.

They should come on and stay on for a time if you pull the indicator stalk towards you, after ignition off.  And if you go into the menu CAR - Setup (bottom right corner) - Lights - Coming Home / Leaving Home Lights, you can adjust the amount of time they stay on.

I use OBDeleven rather than VCDS, but much of the coding is the same.  Here's the coding I used to activate automatic coming home lights:

1) Go to Central Electrics
2) Security - enter code 31347
3) Go to Adaptation
4) Select Comfort Illumination
5) Change coming home verbaustatus from manual to automatic
6) Click the green tick to confirm

Thanks Bec

Yeh I've done the first part as in I've adjusted the Coming Home/Leaving function  to 30s but they still don't work so I will give your coding a go over the weekend and report back.

Thanks

You need to have the light switch set to "Auto" for this to work

:smiley:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 03 March 2017, 22:09 »

On a side note - My leaving/coming home Lights don't work properly. To make the feature work I pull the stalk back just before I get of the car. Is this right…?

But when I unlock my car at night the lights don't light up as they did on my MK6.

Is there percific coding through VCDS that I can use to get them working as they should..? i.e so I don't have to use the stalk all the time.

They should come on and stay on for a time if you pull the indicator stalk towards you, after ignition off.  And if you go into the menu CAR - Setup (bottom right corner) - Lights - Coming Home / Leaving Home Lights, you can adjust the amount of time they stay on.

I use OBDeleven rather than VCDS, but much of the coding is the same.  Here's the coding I used to activate automatic coming home lights:

3) Go to Adaptation

Thanks Bec

Yeh I've done the first part as in I've adjusted the Coming Home/Leaving function  to 30s but they still don't work so I will give your coding a go over the weekend and report back.

Thanks

Ah ok. Will be giving this ago tomorrow..
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 03 March 2017, 22:12 »
Another one for you more enlightened people...

Is there a setting to mute the audio/media when reversing so I can hear the reverse beeps..?

This was something that was already set on my MK6.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 03 March 2017, 22:30 »
Another one for you more enlightened people...

Is there a setting to mute the audio/media when reversing so I can hear the reverse beeps..?

This was something that was already set on my MK6.

Yes, somewhere in the sound menu I think.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 03 March 2017, 22:41 »
Great, I have a look tomorrow.

Thanks

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 03 March 2017, 22:42 »

3) Go to Adaptation

Thanks Bec

Thanks

No you still need to code it to automatic to get it to work when opening the door.

Even after coding though if you don't have the light switch set to auto it won't work.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 03 March 2017, 22:47 »
Great, I have a look tomorrow.

Thanks

The old short term memory is bad with me but I did set this on Wednesday to off mainly because I don't tend to have music that high. You can adjust the amount it lowers the sound too. Plus you can change the tone and pitch of the beeps individually for front and rear.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17