Author Topic: MY MK7 GTD  (Read 8938 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
MY MK7 GTD
« on: 03 March 2017, 00:35 »
Here she is boys and girls.

My old girl and new toy were able to park next to each other for a quick photo. They were both wearing the same number plate.  :grin:

At my bro's before the work started.

Adams Decals and out of the 3 sizes the smallest as suspected looked the best.

As of yet there's no full on BBS SR pic whoring as the last BBS was just about to be fitted my Bro decided it was a good idea to lean/balance the wheel up against Caliper/arch :angry: I said Jon "that don't look safe" to which he said "Na don't worry I had it balanced like that just a minute ago and it was fine." To be fair he did but I could tell it didn't look safe but I trusted my Bro :grin: turned my back and "BANG!!" face down on his drive. My heart sunk and i put my head in my hands and couldn't bring myself to look to closely.

My bro has said he will pay for the refurb which is gonna cost £102 inc vat. It's booked in for Monday. I already had the car booked in that Monday for the hubs to be painted so I've just added the refurb to the order.
The wheels are on the car and they are stunning wheel and they really suit the MK7 performance models to a T.
The interior mods are done and again will post pics when we get better weather and the Pedal Box has been fitted and is f...kin awesome!!!  :laugh:

The CRD-3 Tune was in the same box and was screaming out to me to be fitted but I have resisted to much of my bro annoyance. :grin:

My favs so far are:
Keyless - Having this back in my life is a god send. I lost count of how many times I got out my MK6 and left the bloody keys in the ignition.
Panroof - This a great option and really goes well with my Gloss Black Mirrors, really think the compliment each other on the White paint.
Gloss Black Mirror Caps - Same reason above. I still have the original White caps.
Sports & Sound Pack - Best £275 I've spent on a car. Love the red calipers and I find the sound(yes I know it's only fake) awesome and so addictive and because of the Pedal Box just with a little tap of the loud pedal it makes a wicked sound and surges forward.
Tints - again love the look of the darker tints on the White paint. Was a bit worried as peeps have said manouvering ect is a little difficult, but I love'em and again the contrast with Gloss Black bits I have on the car all compliment each other.

So it's fair to say I'm one happy chappy even though it hasn't been without its hiccups.

Full exterior and interior pics will be added in due course.

« Last Edit: 03 March 2017, 06:14 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: MY MK7 GTD
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2017, 00:42 »
What a very pretty little girl she is! :cool:  Congratulations Mr GTD.  :smiley:

Gutting about your wheel......never trust your bro.  :wink:  But at least will be sorted very quickly.  Excepting the scuff, wheels look fab, as do the calipers and decals.  Pedal box is a must.

Enjoy!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2017, 05:26 »
Nice! I really like the BBS SR's. Anthracite and Pure White is a nice combination.

Enjoy your new car. :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2017, 06:27 »
Looks fabulous, the wheels look dam nice. I was dead set on getting wheels for mine but I actually really like the standard wheels. The mirror caps with the roof looks great.

As for your brother.......
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 03 March 2017, 06:57 »
Thanks lads & lasses.

I do like the standard Negaro's so I will be using them as winters me think.

I received my red GTD skins for the exterior yesterday but I don't think I will be putting them on the car just yet as I really like the standard badging on the GTD, maybe when/if I get bored...

Definitely won't be wrapping the rest of the roof now I've seen and got the motor.

Looking forward to some sunny days now!

On a side note - My leaving/coming home Lights don't work properly. To make the feature work I pull the stalk back just before I get of the car. Is this right…?

But when I unlock my car at night the lights don't light up as they did on my MK6.

Is there percific coding through VCDS that I can use to get them working as they should..? i.e so I don't have to use the stalk all the time.

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 03 March 2017, 07:31 »
Very nice bud - and well worth the wait ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2017, 07:57 »

On a side note - My leaving/coming home Lights don't work properly. To make the feature work I pull the stalk back just before I get of the car. Is this right…?

But when I unlock my car at night the lights don't light up as they did on my MK6.

Is there percific coding through VCDS that I can use to get them working as they should..? i.e so I don't have to use the stalk all the time.

They should come on and stay on for a time if you pull the indicator stalk towards you, after ignition off.  And if you go into the menu CAR - Setup (bottom right corner) - Lights - Coming Home / Leaving Home Lights, you can adjust the amount of time they stay on.

I use OBDeleven rather than VCDS, but much of the coding is the same.  Here's the coding I used to activate automatic coming home lights:

1) Go to Central Electrics
2) Security - enter code 31347
3) Go to Adaptation
4) Select Comfort Illumination
5) Change coming home verbaustatus from manual to automatic
6) Click the green tick to confirm
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 03 March 2017, 08:52 »

They should come on and stay on for a time if you pull the indicator stalk towards you, after ignition off.  And if you go into the menu CAR - Setup (bottom right corner) - Lights - Coming Home / Leaving Home Lights, you can adjust the amount of time they stay on.

I use OBDeleven rather than VCDS, but much of the coding is the same.  Here's the coding I used to activate automatic coming home lights:

1) Go to Central Electrics
2) Security - enter code 31347
3) Go to Adaptation
4) Select Comfort Illumination
5) Change coming home verbaustatus from manual to automatic
6) Click the green tick to confirm

Thanks Bec

Yeh I've done the first part as in I've adjusted the Coming Home/Leaving function  to 30s but they still don't work so I will give your coding a go over the weekend and report back.

Thanks

Offline hardmonkeys

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #8 on: 03 March 2017, 09:40 »
very nice!! did you get it from Breeze VW?
'05 VW Golf Mk V GT TDI Laser Blue
'98 VW Golf Mk IV GTi Black
'97 VW Golf Mk III GTi
'58 VW Golf Mk V GT Sport TDI Steel Grey
'10 Audi A4 B8 SE Multitronic

'00 VW Golf Mk III.V Cabrio

MK3.5 Cabrio 2.0 8v Automatic to 2.0 16v Manual Conversion Project

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=272728.

www.dorsetautorestore.co.uk

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 03 March 2017, 13:09 »
very nice!! did you get it from Breeze VW?

Yes mate, 2nd one from there.