Author Topic: No power going to drivers side rear door on mk3 golf  (Read 2113 times)

Offline ShawryShaw

• Just got here
Hi! Apologise if this is the wrong place to post this, feel free to point me into the appropriate location.

Right, I'm having this annoying problem with my mk3 golf. I've just changed the drivers side rear door over to a better rust free one and i'm not getting any power to the door. Speakers are not working and their not reading anything on a voltage meter. The plug is exactly the same as my old ones and I can't see any obvious breaks in the cable, however it's difficult to see with the way the door is made.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Short of ripping the electrics out of my old door and sticking them in the new one which seems like a lot of trouble

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
Thank you

Offline hardmonkeys

• I live here
Re: No power going to drivers side rear door on mk3 golf
« Reply #1 on: 02 March 2017, 07:30 »
obvious question maybe, have you checked the fuses? If the door was working before, have to snagged a wire by accident?

Have you still got the old door? Might be worth getting someone to hold the door while you reconnect it back up to see if that one still works, if so, you know then if the fault is with the 'new' door.

Hope that helps a little bit
'05 VW Golf Mk V GT TDI Laser Blue
'98 VW Golf Mk IV GTi Black
'97 VW Golf Mk III GTi
'58 VW Golf Mk V GT Sport TDI Steel Grey
'10 Audi A4 B8 SE Multitronic

'00 VW Golf Mk III.V Cabrio

MK3.5 Cabrio 2.0 8v Automatic to 2.0 16v Manual Conversion Project

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=272728.

www.dorsetautorestore.co.uk

Offline LR5V

• GTI forum regular
Re: No power going to drivers side rear door on mk3 golf
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2017, 02:18 »
pull back the corrugated rubber boot cover over the loom at the hinge,
you can nearly guarantee lots of breaks there