Author Topic: USB media playback issue  (Read 2919 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: USB media playback issue
« Reply #20 on: 15 February 2017, 21:35 »
Two possible reasons...

First is whether the actual digital file source is the same quality eg one is 320 and the other is less.

Secondly over Bluetooth the decoder is the phone and not the car stereo.  Even with identical file qualities,  the difference in d2a decoder can make tons of difference.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 16 February 2017, 03:27 »
It was power initially. Android Auto and Car Play had to be plugged in, they didn't support wireless, it wasn't VW doing anything to hamper it. Both apps now do support it. The tricky factor is the car manufacturer bothering to update their in car software. Should be done over the air, not when you take it in for a service.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/18/11700174/android-auto-update-wi-fi-support-ok-google-io-2016

That's interesting reading that link  "You won't have to touch anything to activate Android Auto" When I get in my car my phone automatically starts up Android Auto. It obviously doesn't work but somehow it knows its in the car.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 16 February 2017, 04:33 »
I'd say its not the lead, based on my Ipod using its original high quality Apple cable

The connection never fails any other time either.

Its something else.

One swallow doesn't make a summer  :grin: :laugh:
Power does seem to be interrupted though hence why the ipod keeps restarting.

I've not tried my ipod in the new car but certainly in the others mine doesn't resort back to the beginning. Even when switching off and leaving the car for a couple of days it always resorted back to where it was playing.

It would be good to get to the bottom of it.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14