Author Topic: Bouncers Done & Dusted  (Read 5062 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Bouncers Done & Dusted
« on: 12 February 2017, 10:29 »
Ok so this is a bit of a random question.

I'm after some Done & Dusted to add to my detailing equipment but I would like to get a "black" spray head with the Done & Dusted I order and not the white one.

I think I'm gonna get the 1 litre bottle instead of 500mls.

Does anyone know where I can order from that will guarantee a "black'' spray head...?

Tbh I probably know the answer to my own question "order a separate spray head"

but I was just wondering from peeps that have already got there Done & Dusted what colour spray head you receive with the bottle..?

I've read on I think "detailing world' that Bouncers now sell there Done & Dusted with 28mm spray head no matter what size bottle you order...is this the case..? Can someone confirm please.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Bouncers Done & Dusted
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2017, 10:55 »
I'm intrigued so I'll ask; why? Do the black ones perform better than the white ones?

I think with all my detailing products that have a spray head I've always been sent white spray heads, whatever the product is.

A guy over on Detailing World reviewed D&D a couple of years ago, and the bottle had a black spray head so so Bouncers do (or did at that time) supply black spray heads.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=365413

You could always order direct from Bouncers and specifically ask for a black spray head.

http://www.bouncerswax.com/store/index.php?page=exterior-products
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2017, 13:26 »
I'm intrigued so I'll ask; why? Do the black ones perform better than the white ones?

I think with all my detailing products that have a spray head I've always been sent white spray heads, whatever the product is.

A guy over on Detailing World reviewed D&D a couple of years ago, and the bottle had a black spray head so so Bouncers do (or did at that time) supply black spray heads.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=365413

You could always order direct from Bouncers and specifically ask for a black spray head.

http://www.bouncerswax.com/store/index.php?page=exterior-products

I thought I might get that question. :laugh:

Tbh though it's just that I prefer the colour of the black spray head against the colour of the Done & Dusted bottle...see I told it was a ''random" question. :laugh:

Yeh your first link with the review is the one I saw and made me prefer the black spray head.

Have you got Done & Dusted..? If so do you know what mm your spray head is as I read they come in two different sizes and if I order a separate spray head I don't want order the wrong size.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2017, 14:01 »

Tbh though it's just that I prefer the colour of the black spray head against the colour of the Done & Dusted bottle...see I told it was a ''random" question. :laugh:

Yeh your first link with the review is the one I saw and made me prefer the black spray head.

Have you got Done & Dusted..? If so do you know what mm your spray head is as I read they come in two different sizes and if I order a separate spray head I don't want order the wrong size.

Sorry, I don't have Done and Dusted in my detailing arsenal so can't answer your question on size of spray head.  :sad:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2017, 14:10 »
^^^No worries...

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2017, 16:01 »

Sorry, I don't have Done and Dusted in my detailing arsenal so can't answer your question on size of spray head.  :sad:

I too was intrigued however I thought that if I asked and you told me, you'd have to kill me :cry:

I have some of the product in question, a 500ml bottle (with a white spray head, should that be of interest :wink:) which has a thread diameter of about 20mm (although I'm not 100% sure that is the measurement you refer to).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2017, 17:33 »
Brilliant, thanks Watts..

Think I might just order some and make do with white spray head....oh the burden!! :laugh:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2017, 18:18 »
Brilliant, thanks Watts..

Think I might just order some and make do with white spray head....oh the burden!! :laugh:

I'm sure given time you'll learn to live with it :grin: It is very good stuff though, easy to apply however I found that one cloth always leaves streaks, was driving me mad but once I realised and changed it's been great! Smells lovely too :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 12 February 2017, 20:06 »
I also use the Done & Dusted 500ml bottle with white spray head.  Couldn't care less about the colour of the sprayhead (or the QD) as lobg as it works, lol. The white sprayhead works fine, as spray heads go, it's a good one compared to some which can be rubbish.  It actually does spray properly rather than dripping like some do.

As for the quick detailer, its excellent, I'd arguably put it as the best one I've tried in terms of finish and ease if application, other than Chemical Guys Speed Wipe which is  also brilliant.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2017, 23:36 »
Ok Ok, it's on the way....I've made my peace with the white spray head  :laugh: