Author Topic: Anyone Ordered The New 2017 Golf GTI or R?  (Read 17439 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: Anyone Ordered The New 2017 Golf GTI or R?
« Reply #20 on: 08 February 2017, 10:30 »
My wife's GTI without DCC is really comfortable. I still can't see how DCC would help with a pothole or speed bumps?
We live in a rural location and the roads are really poor - bumpy, twisty and narrow. As I said above, a Mk7 GTD without DDC was really uncomfortable on our roads. My wife didn't like it either.

Unfortunately, my wife won't move somewhere with better roads :sad: At least VW offer DCC which helps, but it is still not going to be as comfortable as our A3.

Its probably one of those things that if you've never had it, you won't miss it. So I can see why you would want to make sure you specced it on your next performance Golf.

I can see how it will help in bumpy / uneven roads but how will it differ from potholes and speed bumps which has been specifically mentioned above?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #21 on: 08 February 2017, 14:16 »
DCC does work on rubbish road surfaces and is better than just having hard or soft suspension

Your "comfort", "normal" or "sport" settings are just initial damping. On comfort it will ride like a big car over bumps, potholes and speedhumps, but chuck it into a bend and the sensors will detect the loading and stiffen it so you don't get body roll like a 2CV.

Its called Dynamic Chassis Control for good reason - its not the older electronic suspension setting selector.

Its very clever, its very good.

Like much modern tech, some people don't trust the witchcraft, others accept it as a miracle.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 08 February 2017, 16:48 »
DCC does work on rubbish road surfaces and is better than just having hard or soft suspension

Your "comfort", "normal" or "sport" settings are just initial damping. On comfort it will ride like a big car over bumps, potholes and speedhumps, but chuck it into a bend and the sensors will detect the loading and stiffen it so you don't get body roll like a 2CV.

Its called Dynamic Chassis Control for good reason - its not the older electronic suspension setting selector.

Like much modern tech, some people don't trust the witchcraft, others accept it as a miracle.

Thanks for that.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 08 February 2017, 16:58 »

Thanks for that.

Is it any different than the DCC in Passat CC? If it is the same then it brilliant. I leave it in comfort mostly, normal when in the twisties and sport when on twisties in Europe. I would have loved it in the Golf I'm getting but there wasn't one left in the colours I wanted.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 08 February 2017, 17:21 »
So if you order an R and its registered after April 1st when the road tax rules change,how much will a years road tax be? Is it £500?

Also the same question how much for a Gti?

Apologies if this has already been covered and thanks!

Ah that clears that up then-thanks!! :undecided:

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 12 February 2017, 16:24 »

Carwow only have low spec and Golf R available to spec at the moment and it is interesting that DTD's recommended VW dealer is quoting on Carwow :shocked:

Who is DTD's recommended VW dealer? I'm looking to put an order in for the new GTI but no dealers near me can even get close to DTD's prices.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 12 February 2017, 21:49 »

Carwow only have low spec and Golf R available to spec at the moment and it is interesting that DTD's recommended VW dealer is quoting on Carwow :shocked:

Who is DTD's recommended VW dealer? I'm looking to put an order in for the new GTI but no dealers near me can even get close to DTD's prices.

They don't just have 1 dealer. They have a few over the country.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 12 February 2017, 22:26 »
I don't suppose you know any of the dealerships?

Offline OscarStorm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 12 February 2017, 22:44 »
As the previous post mentioned they use multiple dealerships, Kent might be an option.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 12 February 2017, 22:52 »
As the previous post mentioned they use multiple dealerships, Kent might be an option.

I'll just order direct through DTD, I can't believe how cheap they are.