Author Topic: Anyone Ordered The New 2017 Golf GTI or R?  (Read 17441 times)

Offline davyk31

• I live here
Re: Anyone Ordered The New 2017 Golf GTI or R?
« Reply #10 on: 06 February 2017, 21:20 »
My experience with DTD is that they are good on price, but cars were not available for several months. I've learned that it is best to ask if they actually have cars available. 'Newcardiscount' and carwow are very good.

Dealing direct with a dealer that is competitive is also even better  :wink:

The problem with DTD is like you say they over sell there allocation of cars so you will place an order that actually doesn't get accepted by the factory because the dealers they use are over subscribed.

I would be happy enough to deal with a competitive dealer again, worked just fine when I bought the GTD  :smiley:
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 06 February 2017, 22:05 »
My experience with DTD is that they are good on price, but cars were not available for several months. I've learned that it is best to ask if they actually have cars available. 'Newcardiscount' and carwow are very good.

My experience is the opposite. Got my GTD in the same lead time as any dealer round my way and got me my R in less time than the dealers round my way.
Not to mention £5k off list price  :laugh:
They are just a broker and pointing you towards a dealer so not sure what your comment "Have cars available" means.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 06 February 2017, 22:10 »
Dynamic chassis control is a fabulous option and one that I would certainly advise on a Golf with 19inch alloys thats from personal experience having driven any and every Golf trim over the last 9 years at VW. It is also an option many of our used car buyers are looking for when buying a 2nd hand golf so we would value the car with that in mind. 19inch wheels on there own are not a such good thing on the 2nd hand market however when spec'd with DCC its becomes a real turn on for buyers.

I would even have it on a car with 18inch alloys personally because the roads I driven on are pot hole ridden and speed bumps scattered everywhere.

Really? Do you reckon its that good?
Its never something I've even considered as even with 19" alloys I think the Golf drives just fine.

Does it work on potholes and speed bumps? I thought it was geared up for bumpy / uneven roads and hitting a pothole or driving over a speed bump wouldn't give that much benefit.

It seems to be a marmite thing. I've read so many people saying they would drop that option and others saying its the best thing since sliced bread  :grin:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 06 February 2017, 22:32 »
So if you order an R and its registered after April 1st when the road tax rules change,how much will a years road tax be? Is it £500?

Also the same question how much for a Gti?

Apologies if this has already been covered and thanks!

Offline GTD184

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 06 February 2017, 23:22 »
Drive the deal certainly are filling there boots at the moment but delivery times will suffer as a result as they will run out of allocation.

Delivery times I would hope every retailer should be quoting 12-16 weeks until we here any further details in the coming week as to what if any FL cars are delayed due to demand for certain trims.

Dynamic chassis control is a fabulous option and one that I would certainly advise on a Golf with 19inch alloys thats from personal experience having driven any and every Golf trim over the last 9 years at VW. It is also an option many of our used car buyers are looking for when buying a 2nd hand golf so we would value the car with that in mind. 19inch wheels on there own are not a such good thing on the 2nd hand market however when spec'd with DCC its becomes a real turn on for buyers.

I would even have it on a car with 18inch alloys personally because the roads I driven on are pot hole ridden and speed bumps scattered everywhere.

I guess you have to put extras in priority order, for example if you had a £1500 to spend on options what would be the first box you tick........ for me it would be Colour choice, Dynaudio, DCC then Sunroof for example.

Regards,

Evo1986

Thanks for your informative input :wink:

Carwow only have low spec and Golf R available to spec at the moment and it is interesting that DTD's recommended VW dealer is quoting on Carwow :shocked:

Quote from: evo1986
Dealing direct with a dealer that is competitive is also even better  :wink:

Care to provide a quote for me? :wink: :cool:

GTD 5 Door, DSG - Pearl Black, Dynaudio, 19" Santiago's and a few accessories.......Collection 20th May 2014....(My Birthday!)

GTi PP 5dr DSG - Tornado Red, Santiago's and 90% Tints....Collection due 1st March 2017......"One of the last Mk7's" - "Cancelled"

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #15 on: 07 February 2017, 00:15 »
Dynamic chassis control is a fabulous option... It is also an option many of our used car buyers are looking for when buying a 2nd hand golf so we would value the car with that in mind.
DCC is top of my options list. I would not have a performance Golf without it. The roads round me are really poor though.

Fascinating to read how it is sought after in the second hand market.

Its never something I've even considered as even with 19" alloys I think the Golf drives just fine.
Have you ever owned an ordinary/comfortable car?

My wife's A3 is a lot more comfortable than the Mk7 GTI with DCC which I had a test drive in. It does not handle as well though. :shocked:

Didn't the Clubsport S use adjustable suspension set to Comfort mode for the Nurburgring FWD record?
« Last Edit: 07 February 2017, 01:06 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #16 on: 07 February 2017, 07:10 »
Standard suspension on the GTI with 18's is perfect.

My 2006 Audi A3 S Line was pretty terrible and felt like it was going to snap in two if you hit a speed bump or pot hole.

You don't need DCC with 18's.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 07 February 2017, 07:40 »
Standard suspension on the GTI with 18's is perfect.

My 2006 Audi A3 S Line was pretty terrible and felt like it was going to snap in two if you hit a speed bump or pot hole.

You don't need DCC with 18's.

I noticed exactly the same thing every time I tested the previous A3 S Line. I did back to back runs on the same roads and the golf was the better ride and both on 18's
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 07 February 2017, 20:10 »

Have you ever owned an ordinary/comfortable car?

My wife's A3 is a lot more comfortable than the Mk7 GTI with DCC which I had a test drive in. It does not handle as well though. :shocked:

Didn't the Clubsport S use adjustable suspension set to Comfort mode for the Nurburgring FWD record?

Yeah I've owned plenty of ordinary / comfortable cars. Try and take them round a bend at any kind of speed and you realise they are built for comfort and not speed  :laugh:

If your wifes A3 is a lot more comfortable than the MK7 GTI with DCC does that not tell you the DCC isn't all its cracked up to be? There are loads of posts where folk are questioning whether there's actually works or not.

My wife's GTI without DCC is really comfortable. I still can't see how DCC would help with a pothole or speed bumps?

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #19 on: 08 February 2017, 00:31 »
Yeah I've owned plenty of ordinary / comfortable cars. Try and take them round a bend at any kind of speed and you realise they are built for comfort and not speed  :laugh:
Completely agree. The A3 SE 1.6 TDI was bought for comfort and not speed.

If your wifes A3 is a lot more comfortable than the MK7 GTI with DCC does that not tell you the DCC isn't all its cracked up to be? There are loads of posts where folk are questioning whether there's actually works or not.
The adjustable chassis control (ACC) on my Mk6 GTD definitely works. My brother recently traded in his Mk4 TDI for a Mk6 GTI. He comments every time he is in my car that it is definitely more comfortable.

I sometimes set the suspension to sport. If I forget to switch it back - as soon as I reach the roads near home I notice the difference straight away.

I had a Mk7 GTD with standard suspension for a weekend test drive. I knew by the time I had driven the car home that I didn't like the suspension on my roads. Recently I took a Mk7 GTI with DCC for a short test drive. I noticed the difference straight away. It really does absorb the bumps better and the car still feels planted in corners. Like I said, I would not buy a performance Golf without DCC.

My wife's GTI without DCC is really comfortable. I still can't see how DCC would help with a pothole or speed bumps?
We live in a rural location and the roads are really poor - bumpy, twisty and narrow. As I said above, a Mk7 GTD without DDC was really uncomfortable on our roads. My wife didn't like it either.

Unfortunately, my wife won't move somewhere with better roads :sad: At least VW offer DCC which helps, but it is still not going to be as comfortable as our A3.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS