Author Topic: Anyone Ordered The New 2017 Golf GTI or R?  (Read 17438 times)

Offline GTD184

• Not said much yet
Anyone Ordered The New 2017 Golf GTI or R?
« on: 06 February 2017, 19:08 »
As the title states "has anyone ordered a New Golf GTI or R?

If so what deals are being secured and on what delivery time frames?

During my own research I have found DTD are smashing all other brokers out of the water on Performance Golfs. Dealers are holding tight on their prices though :rolleyes:

I'm presently looking and have configured my ideal spec but don't want to pull the trigger so early in the run out of the FL model so will reluctantly hold fire for the time being.

In the meantime can anyone give me any advice on the Dynamic Chassis Control option. I intend to spec 19" wheels on my car and would like to hear owners views who have experienced DCC and if they would spec it again.

Cheers guys :wink:
GTD 5 Door, DSG - Pearl Black, Dynaudio, 19" Santiago's and a few accessories.......Collection 20th May 2014....(My Birthday!)

GTi PP 5dr DSG - Tornado Red, Santiago's and 90% Tints....Collection due 1st March 2017......"One of the last Mk7's" - "Cancelled"

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Anyone Ordered The New 2017 Golf GTI or R?
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2017, 19:55 »
Drive the deal certainly are filling there boots at the moment but delivery times will suffer as a result as they will run out of allocation.

Delivery times I would hope every retailer should be quoting 12-16 weeks until we here any further details in the coming week as to what if any FL cars are delayed due to demand for certain trims.

Dynamic chassis control is a fabulous option and one that I would certainly advise on a Golf with 19inch alloys thats from personal experience having driven any and every Golf trim over the last 9 years at VW. It is also an option many of our used car buyers are looking for when buying a 2nd hand golf so we would value the car with that in mind. 19inch wheels on there own are not a such good thing on the 2nd hand market however when spec'd with DCC its becomes a real turn on for buyers.

I would even have it on a car with 18inch alloys personally because the roads I driven on are pot hole ridden and speed bumps scattered everywhere.

I guess you have to put extras in priority order, for example if you had a £1500 to spend on options what would be the first box you tick........ for me it would be Colour choice, Dynaudio, DCC then Sunroof for example.

Regards,

Evo1986

Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2017, 19:56 »
Why not just order from DTD and get it sooner?
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2017, 20:27 »
Why is the new R and GTI not on the VW site yet?
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2017, 20:31 »
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-vii-pa/configure

Looks like it is to me?

They are all under "new Golf" instead of being under performance golfs......
Sales Manager

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 06 February 2017, 20:33 »
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-vii-pa/configure

Looks like it is to me?

They are all under "new Golf" instead of being under performance golfs......

Ah. How confusing....why have Performance Golf and New Golf with the R under it.
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline falconmick

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf MK7 R
« Reply #6 on: 06 February 2017, 20:34 »
My experience with DTD is that they are good on price, but cars were not available for several months. I've learned that it is best to ask if they actually have cars available. 'Newcardiscount' and carwow are very good.

physio

« Reply #7 on: 06 February 2017, 20:35 »
going in this weekend to see what delivery times are  plus need to see if they will give me guaranteed trade in price  :whistle:

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #8 on: 06 February 2017, 20:38 »
My experience with DTD is that they are good on price, but cars were not available for several months. I've learned that it is best to ask if they actually have cars available. 'Newcardiscount' and carwow are very good.

Dealing direct with a dealer that is competitive is also even better  :wink:

The problem with DTD is like you say they over sell there allocation of cars so you will place an order that actually doesn't get accepted by the factory because the dealers they use are over subscribed.

Sales Manager

Offline falconmick

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf MK7 R
« Reply #9 on: 06 February 2017, 20:39 »
Keep in mind that delivery times tend to be on the pessimistic side, last new one I got was told mid June, took delivery end of April.