Author Topic: New MK7 GTI owner -Everyone Loves Pictures!  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Callum33

• Just got here
New MK7 GTI owner -Everyone Loves Pictures!
« on: 06 February 2017, 12:08 »
Hello All,

Recently traded in my Polo that was bought as a daily driver and took one look around a GTI in the car park and had to have it. 3 weeks into ownership now and loving it!

First proper experience with a Golf (Had a MK2 for all of 13 miles once). But have had a number of VW and VAG along the way, and one spell with a corsa redtop :whistle:

Corrado, currently having a new engine due to a run in with a dodgy garage messing up the fuel injecton

My beloved Mk2 Polo

Lupo 16v

That redtop . . .

And a Seat for good measure

Current: MK7 GTI :)
WIP & First Love: VW Corrado 16v

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: New MK7 GTI owner -Everyone Loves Pictures!
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2017, 15:01 »
Welcome. Nice selection of cars.
Not sure how you can mess up the fuel injection on a corrado but if you dont know what your doing i suppose you could

Offline Callum33

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2017, 15:58 »
Bunch on Numpties, but my fault for getting stopped with a bald tyre (1.5mm!) and having to take it to the nearest garage to have it re-MOT'd at which point they decided to play with everything for no good reason! Had it looked at repeatedly to get it remedied but the old K Jet system can be fiddly and it never ran right after, switching to electronic fuel injection with the engine out the black Seat!

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2017, 08:52 »
Abf instead of a 9a then.

I mean if you set it up correctly. There shouldnt have been a problem. Did they take responsibility for it or not

Offline Callum33

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 07 February 2017, 10:43 »
No claimed it was necessary for some emissions and wasn't there problem, avoid Boston Lincolnshire in general is a good rule!

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2017, 11:22 »
Adjusted the co screw then.
When i lived in lincolnshire i avoided boston and as i dont go back much ill still avoid

Offline Jim.

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2017, 20:27 »
Gorgeous motor mate, what colour is it?

I compromised with mine, i wanted a 3-door, and the wife wanted me to get a 5-door.. So now I have a 5-door :laugh:

Offline Callum33

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 09 February 2017, 15:22 »
Tungsten Silver, always been a 3-door fan, but did have a 63 plate polo before the golf as a daily driver and had 5 doors, very sensible and practical. So told the other half it was time for a less sensible motor for a bit, I won this argument which means im due to lose a whole lot more now  :laugh: