Author Topic: Oil service due + screenwash  (Read 3605 times)

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
Oil service due + screenwash
« on: 17 January 2017, 13:15 »
I've just gone 30k on my GTD, according to my lease company I'm on longlife so next service isn't until 40k.

Is there a way to get rid of the 'oil service due now' notification without going to my lease company or dealer?

And if anyone is interested I've just picked this up from Euro http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/300482-screenwash-ahh/page-4  code WEEKEND30 is still working.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2017, 13:17 by GTD1414 »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Oil service due + screenwash
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2017, 13:41 »

1) Have the car completely off (take out key, open door, close door)
2) Put key in ignition
3) Press and hold 0.0 button on dashboard
4) Turn the key to the On position (but don't crank the engine) and release the 0.0 button
5) A message asking if you want to reset the oil service interval will appear
6) Press the 0.0 button to confirm
7) You will see a cofirmation message saying the oil service interval was reset to 365 days

BTW, I had the same, normally 20k interval, last service they set it to 10k "accidentally"... I had to go in and have them add another 10k interval...

But you could use the above if you want to stop the damned thing binging all the time ;-)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2017, 13:50 »

2) Put key in ignition
4) Turn the key to the On position (but don't crank the engine) and release the 0.0 button
7) You will see a cofirmation message saying the oil service interval was reset to 365 days

BTW, I had the same, normally 20k interval, last service they set it to 10k "accidentally"... I had to go in and have them add another 10k interval...

But you could use the above if you want to stop the damned thing binging all the time ;-)

Many thanks for that - I've got keyless entry but will go and have a try now  :smiley:

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2017, 14:06 »

2) Put key in ignition

Many thanks for that - I've got keyless entry but will go and have a try now  :smiley:

All sorted and got the silver Golf back now instead of the warning one.  :smiley:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2017, 14:16 »
Nice one, I hate that binging noise. Like Clarkson saying German cars are always shouting ACTHUNG!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC