Author Topic: Clubby S ready for action  (Read 6598 times)

Offline vipergts

• GTI forum regular
Clubby S ready for action
« on: 10 January 2017, 08:42 »
Apologies if I've already posted this on here.

Cage now bolted in with no holes drilled. Harnesses too and ready for Snetterton on 13th Feb

Offline Ooosh

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubby S ready for action
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2017, 12:36 »
Looking good!
CSS + McLaren 570S + Saxdor 200 + Christen Eagle

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2017, 13:00 »
That looks very nice, I bet you are really pleased with the results.  Good to see one getting properly used.

All we need now is a pic on track when the weather gets better. :wink:

Congrats

Offline Bigwod

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2017, 16:43 »
Looks great
Had my black one come today,straight down to VW  put a parcel shelf in the back to give me a bit of privacy for when things are in the back,such as digital pump,tyre foam ,tow rope,etc
They had never heard of  clubsport s,there was a gasp when the guy brought the parcel shelf to see if it fitted and noticed no seats.
1 parcel shelf £122.61 .  Also one large black towel  cover/wrap items to stop moving around in back.

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2017, 17:16 »
I'll be at Snetterton on 13/02 , looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.  :smiley:
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #5 on: 10 January 2017, 18:32 »
Before I start, I'll let you know that I'm no expert, however...

Having seen scare stories about cars that have had harnesses fitted through the slots in the standard seats and the angle the upper harness is anchored in the back, I can't help but notice (after a quick google) that you may be putting yourself at risk. I'll just post a couple of links about the lad in a Mk1 focus RS that broke his back due to poor harness installation on a seat not designed for them.

http://passionford.com/forum/general-car-related-discussion/489421-mk1-frs-sparco-seat-alert.html

http://www.mk1focusrsoc.com/forum/main-forum/mk1-focus-rs/15133-harnesses-fitted-to-focus-rs-seats

I'm not saying you're wrong in the way you've fitted them but it might be worth checking prior to being used in anger.

That said, I like the look of the cage etc.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline vipergts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 10 January 2017, 19:54 »

Having seen scare stories about cars that have had harnesses fitted through the slots in the standard seats and the angle the upper harness is anchored in the back, I can't help but notice (after a quick google) that you may be putting yourself at risk. I'll just post a couple of links about the lad in a Mk1 focus RS that broke his back due to poor harness installation on a seat not designed for them.

http://passionford.com/forum/general-car-related-discussion/489421-mk1-frs-sparco-seat-alert.html

http://www.mk1focusrsoc.com/forum/main-forum/mk1-focus-rs/15133-harnesses-fitted-to-focus-rs-seats

I'm not saying you're wrong in the way you've fitted them but it might be worth checking prior to being used in anger.

Funnily enough I asked the cage manufacturer for a specific harness bar mounted at shoulder height and they reckoned there's no need which I must admit surprised me as I always thought where I have them was wrong

Also noticed that in the Ring record car they fitted the harness in the same way so i assumed wrongly that it must be ok.

All this coupled with the fact that for me the seat harness holes are a bit low.

Offline vipergts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 10 January 2017, 19:59 »
I'll be at Snetterton on 13/02 , looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.  :smiley:

Good stuff, see you there

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #9 on: 10 January 2017, 20:14 »

All this coupled with the fact that for me the seat harness holes are a bit low.

Good Spot Gnasher, didn't notice it when I looked at the pics, but have also seen a few threads over the years about this sort of thing. 

@ Viper If the harness holes are too low and the belts really do sit on your shoulders from that angle, won't you potentially suffer compression in the hopefully unlikely event of a crash? Perhaps LRW can help with this as I guess he must have some regulations for racing?