Author Topic: Exterior R clean with Obsessive Detail products  (Read 2919 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Exterior R clean with Obsessive Detail products
« on: 30 October 2016, 22:51 »
Gave the car a good clean today and tried out some detailing products from Obsessive Detail, in place of some of my normal stuff.  Here's the Obsessive Detail – the line up:

OD Clarity Non Acidic Wheel Cleaner
OD Clarity Strawberry Concentrated Shampoo
OD Clarity Streak Free Glass Cleaner
OD Clarity Nano Sealant

Here’s a quick run down of what I did in today’s wash:

First up was the OD Wheel Cleaner, which I decided to use neat rather than dilute as the wheels were to be sealed later using the OD Nano Sealant, so no matter if it stripped of any previous C2v3 Sealant.

Wheels were pretty dirty, especially the fronts. Sprayed each wheel liberally prior to the snow foaming stage.  Then whilst the wheel Cleaner was doing its work, I followed normal pre-wash snow foam stage using my usual ValetPro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam. Left to dwell whilst I filled up my 3 buckets ready for the hand wash.  All water used is de-ionised via my Raceglaze Water Filter. After the snow foam had run off the car, I thoroughly rinsed entire car with pressure washer. 

Dirty wheels

OD Clarity Wheel Cleaner sprayed on

Snow foamed – ValetPro Advanced

Dwelled for 5 mins

Pressure wash rinse

For the bodywork wash bucket and wheels bucket, I used OD Strawberry Concentrated Shampoo, at the recommended dilution ratio of 1:2000 - one 5ml capful to a bucket. Describe foam.

3 Bucket Wash

Then I set about washing the wheels with my Wheel Woolies and WoWo Wheel Mitt, and the wheel wash bucket. Then moved onto the bodywork with the other wash bucket, starting as usual with the roof, moving to the upper panels, rinsing regularly, and using a one WoWo Lambswool Mitt just for the upper panels.  Moved onto the lower panels using a fresh lambswool mitt. 

Rinsed off wheels first then rest of car from roof down with pressure washer.  Followed with a final open-ended hose rinse, water sheeted off nicely, leaving very little standing water left behind. Dried off water traps and wheels with Metrovac Vac n Blo air dryer and then dabbed off any remaining water from bodywork with my trusty WoWo Microfibre Drying Towels, working from roof down. Dried off door shuts and boot.

Pressure wash rinse

Open ended hose rinse

Final dab with mircofibre drying towels

With the car all dried off, I decided to give the paintwork a top up with Swissvax Quick Finish Carnauba Quick Detailer (no pics).  I applied it to all panels except the bonnet.  I left the bonnet as decided to try the OD Nano Sealant on the bonnet, I applied it and buffed off as per the instructions. I then set about sealing the wheels using the OD Nano Sealant.

Bonnet and Pretorias all sealed, I was going to give the window rubbers a going over with Aerospace 303, but didn't really need it so I moved onto the glass.  Cleaned all the exterior glass using OD Clarity Glass Cleaner. I first used this a couple days ago on the interior and found it very good, no streaks at all, so was keen to try it on the external glass. 

Glass cleaned and sparkling, it was time to give the tailpipes a polish using my go-to metal polish – Mothers Mag & Aluminium Polish, applied with a WoWo foam applicator and buffed off to a high shine with a plush DoDo Juice MF. To complete, tyres were dressed using Achem Hi-shine Longlife Tyre Dressing, shifting car forwards to get to the last sections of the tyres.  And that was it, all done.

Results.....
« Last Edit: 30 October 2016, 23:51 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Exterior R clean with Obsessive Detail products
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2016, 22:51 »
All finished so I had a cup of tea and took a few pics.    All clean now….

« Last Edit: 31 October 2016, 07:36 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2016, 22:53 »
So, what of the Obsessive Detail gear?  I’ll be posting up specific reviews of each of the products below very shortly, but in short – IMPRESSIVE.  Really impressive stuff!

Clarity Wheel Cleaner

Clarity Strawberry Concentrated Shampoo

Clarity Glass Cleaner

Clarity Nano Sealant

Having tried some of the range and really liking it, I’m looking forward to trying more in the future!  I'll be posting up some specific reviews of the 4 products I tried today....
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2016, 04:30 »
That looks stunning Rebecca!  :cool:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2016, 07:20 »
Brilliant write up Bec!!!