Author Topic: Steamy windscreen leak??  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
Steamy windscreen leak??
« on: 19 October 2016, 22:07 »
Dont use the car lften work away and have acompany van got in today and yesterday and smelt stail at night the screen steams up like it damp inside had a look carpets seals nothing anyone had similar issues and solved it? Cheers guys and gals

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
Re: Steamy windscreen leak??
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2016, 22:45 »
When you last used it did you have the air con on?  Condensation can build in cars air con systems. If the car isn't used regularly that condensation will get trapped in the car. Possible
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 19 October 2016, 23:04 »
Air cons shot mate needs a new pump

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2016, 19:31 »
Check below the door panels as the door card seals can leak water. It then goes across the sill trim under the carpet so not always leaving a damp patch on top of the carpet. Seen this on mk6s and many mk4s.

Also the drivers door seal at the top above the armrest.
« Last Edit: 22 October 2016, 19:36 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2016, 22:01 »
Check below the door panels as the door card seals can leak water. It then goes across the sill trim under the carpet so not always leaving a damp patch on top of the carpet. Seen this on mk6s and many mk4s.

Also the drivers door seal at the top above the armrest.

Had this on my fabia too

Offline Rowley102

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2017, 14:15 »
Seal at the bottom of the door insert that houses the window regulator and speaker went on mine and caused all windows to steam up and carpets went p*ss wet through, seal around speaker went too. Took speakers out and sealed them back in with silicone along with the insert. Removed A little of the rubber seal on the door too and took a clip out from underneath that holds the seal on so the water can drain from the front of the door