Author Topic: this forum need to fix up  (Read 8945 times)

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
Re: this forum need to fix up
« Reply #20 on: 27 November 2016, 19:43 »
Kind of self-fixing this. Start more threads yourself, reply to other people :)

^^^^ this!

^^Yes this many times over.

You get out what you put in with forums IMO.

I used to be very active in this section when I had my mk6 GTI, and if I'd been aware of this forum (or had the time) I would have been active in the mk5 section when I my 2 mk5's.  On getting a mk7 R I naturally progressed to the mk7 section because it was relevant to do so. I think this is still a great forum, but in all honesty I spend a bit less time here because, though I was initially reticent about the VWROC forum, it is R specific and last year felt that GTI owners were getting a tad tired of lots of R talk.  But I like to divide the forum time I have between both places.  :smiley:

You get out what you put in laughable look at home many times ive helped peopled out the the amount of views i get when i ask for help and get zero replies

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 27 November 2016, 22:03 »
Kind of self-fixing this. Start more threads yourself, reply to other people :)

^^^^ this!

^^Yes this many times over.

You get out what you put in with forums IMO.

I used to be very active in this section when I had my mk6 GTI, and if I'd been aware of this forum (or had the time) I would have been active in the mk5 section when I my 2 mk5's.  On getting a mk7 R I naturally progressed to the mk7 section because it was relevant to do so. I think this is still a great forum, but in all honesty I spend a bit less time here because, though I was initially reticent about the VWROC forum, it is R specific and last year felt that GTI owners were getting a tad tired of lots of R talk.  But I like to divide the forum time I have between both places.  :smiley:

You get out what you put in laughable look at home many times ive helped peopled out the the amount of views i get when i ask for help and get zero replies

Perhaps people simply don't have the answers to your questions?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #22 on: 30 November 2016, 19:51 »
Exactly Booth11 I may read the threads but i don't reply for the same reason alot of others don't that is I  don't know the answer.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 01 December 2016, 17:10 »
Dont view them nosey parkers! 😤😤😤

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 01 December 2016, 19:22 »
Dont view them nosey parkers! 😤😤😤

How can anyone know if they can answer your queries or not if they don't view the thread in the first place. What a ridiculous statement to make.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Sarah26

• Just got here
« Reply #25 on: 13 January 2017, 23:40 »
I'm very happy with the help and advice I've received. I'm a new member and I'm clueless when it
Comes to cars and really needed some help with regards to some repair work done to my car and I'm glad I came across this forum 😊 I'm not fussed how many people viewed my post, I'm very grateful to those who were able to help though and offered their advice so thank you 😃