Author Topic: Golf GTD Performance upgrades  (Read 13169 times)

Offline Jamesroberts3016rm

• Just got here
Golf GTD Performance upgrades
« on: 07 July 2016, 00:09 »
What upgrades have people done on their GTD's? I've fitted a Milltek exhaust and am currently thinking about a J1 Automotive air induction kit.

Any ideas what's worth doing?

Offline Medic1281

• Not said much yet
Re: Golf GTD Performance upgrades
« Reply #1 on: 07 July 2016, 10:17 »
A carbonchip tuning remap is worth every penny!
2013 Audi Q5, 3.0tdi Quattro. Carbonchip remap. Black.

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2016, 15:05 »
A remap or tuning box will bring out the best in the engine  :evil:

I've done 20,000 miles with the DTUK CRD2+, which is taking the car to 230-240bhp and 500nm torgue. DTUK now sell the CRD3+ which is a similar affair but supposedly smoother, although no complaints from mine.

Also, adding 50ml Millers ecomax to every tank makes the car run smoother.

A lot of folk recommend a DTUK pedalbox too, as it improves the feel of the car.

How are you finding the Milltek exhaust? Sound good? Let us know if you fit an induction kit, although I'm not sure it will give any improvement without a remap?

Offline Tory

• Not said much yet
  • MK7 GTD
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2016, 19:30 »
Remap remap remap. Don't have a filter which has the foam insert, I think there's a few on the market which are like that.
I've never really thought of an exhaust system on a diesel, always thought diesels sounded like tractors at the best of times.... Does it sound good?
MK7 - GTD - Pure White - Stage 1 Remap - Rotiform CCV - Dynaudio - Winter Pack - Instagram torivw

Offline GTD22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2016, 09:54 »
Is it possible to get a remap without VW finding out when they plug their system?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2016, 12:32 »
No. If they go looking they will find it, even the dtuk box is traceable no matter what anyone says.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline wakey1512

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 06 November 2016, 07:53 »
No. If they go looking they will find it, even the dtuk box is traceable no matter what anyone says.

Regarding the box, surely only if there are DTCs stored or if the wiring loom has been left insecure and caused chafe marks that the dealer will be able to tell?

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 10 November 2016, 16:18 »

a dtuk box isnt traceable, as weve had our skoda and GTD and latest Audi S3 310PS back into the dealers for full warranty scan, and nothing was shown..

Unless you have some info that were unaware of?
Are you looking to tune your Golf GTI or GTD? Were currently offering members £80 off the full RRP on all DTUK Petrol and Diesel Tuning Systems.

PM me for the discount code

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 10 November 2016, 16:19 »

Regarding the box, surely only if there are DTCs stored or if the wiring loom has been left insecure and caused chafe marks that the dealer will be able to tell?

as below weve ran 2 Skoda TDI 184s over the last 3 years, and recently a 16 plate gtd.. infact we have another 66 plate gtd landing later this month that will be tuned and sent back to VW after 3 months..
Are you looking to tune your Golf GTI or GTD? Were currently offering members £80 off the full RRP on all DTUK Petrol and Diesel Tuning Systems.

PM me for the discount code

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 10 November 2016, 16:50 »
Nothing is untraceable if you know where to look.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.