Author Topic: New GTD - more power - better fuel economy ?  (Read 10150 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: New GTD - more power - better fuel economy ?
« Reply #10 on: 10 June 2016, 09:34 »
Expensive yes Chris, but I was back in my dealership the other week and they had one of he first new Tiguan's to arrive in the UK.

A 2.0 tdi 150ps DSG model in metallic blue in SEL trim (so Pano roof, 19" Alloys, Active dash etc), and I have to say it looked REALLY nice.

Had the option as well of the Heads up display which the techie in me loved  :cool:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 10 June 2016, 10:36 »
If I spec a couple of goodies like camera and 360 view a 150ps R line comes out at about 37 grand give or take. I'd rather be in a m sport BMW or s3 for that money. Actually a golf would be fine with loads of change haha
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 11 June 2016, 10:43 »
wow, just over 700 miles on it and I got this on the way home from work last night. OK, ambient temp was good, I wasn't thrashing it (around 65-70 on the motorway), but still plenty of traffic light stops. I got held up as well ½ mile from home and at the time it was showing over 65mpg !

Took me around a year after getting the white one until I started seeing over 60mpg !

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 11 June 2016, 11:00 »
If I spec a couple of goodies like camera and 360 view a 150ps R line comes out at about 37 grand give or take. I'd rather be in a m sport BMW or s3 for that money. Actually a golf would be fine with loads of change haha

If you're PCPing then it's all about the monthlies rather than the sticker price, and the monthlies are strongly influenced by the GFVs - looks like a straight 50% on the Tiguan, which makes a 150ps 2WD R line a pricey £500 a month. Might be worth looking at the lease deals if/when they come through if you want one Chris.

For £31k i'd expect the 184/190ps TDI engine and 4WD in R line trim, the new Tiguan is very over-priced.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 11 June 2016, 12:19 »
wow, just over 700 miles on it and I got this on the way home from work last night. OK, ambient temp was good, I wasn't thrashing it (around 65-70 on the motorway), but still plenty of traffic light stops. I got held up as well ½ mile from home and at the time it was showing over 65mpg !

Took me around a year after getting the white one until I started seeing over 60mpg !

Excellent economy. Under very similar circs a few weeks back I managed 50.3 in my GTI over an 18 mile route. At the end it was still slowly improving so could've been better, who knows where it would've got to? Generally I get up to about 45 which I'm more than happy with.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

mjh_056

« Reply #15 on: 28 June 2016, 16:54 »
That's really impressive and when got my R itch over would not hesitate to select another GTD. If circumstance changed also and had to select own car it would be a bee line to the GTD even used.

Think you have the perfect all round car now with the later model additions and the quicker response/economy.

Wonder if the ECO remap applies to the R as motorway is certainly a place where not looking for performance and be happy to cruise along in ECO.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 28 June 2016, 19:24 »
That's really impressive and when got my R itch over would not hesitate to select another GTD. If circumstance changed also and had to select own car it would be a bee line to the GTD even used.

Think you have the perfect all round car now with the later model additions and the quicker response/economy.

Wonder if the ECO remap applies to the R as motorway is certainly a place where not looking for performance and be happy to cruise along in ECO.

There is an ECO mode on the R, but it doesn't really do much. The GTD purrs along at 2200rpm at 80mph, the R is doing 3100rpm at the same speed - that is always going to cost you a lot more fuel. The R is not an economical cruiser, but around town it needn't be much more thirsty than the GTD. I was stuck in some bad traffic today and my commute took twice as long as normal, still ended up getting 29mpg as opposed to 32mpg, the GTD would've managed about 36mpg in the same sh!tty traffic.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

mjh_056

« Reply #17 on: 30 June 2016, 11:35 »

There is an ECO mode on the R, but it doesn't really do much. The GTD purrs along at 2200rpm at 80mph, the R is doing 3100rpm at the same speed - that is always going to cost you a lot more fuel. The R is not an economical cruiser, but around town it needn't be much more thirsty than the GTD. I was stuck in some bad traffic today and my commute took twice as long as normal, still ended up getting 29mpg as opposed to 32mpg, the GTD would've managed about 36mpg in the same sh!tty traffic.

That's very true and hence why my overall figure just creeps over 40 mpg as it demonstrates my mileage drop off and behaviour where most journeys are between towns or local with the occasional long distance cruise where the GTD really earns its corn as you see the mpg increase by the mile.

My main drives are in the economy region you describe and if R replicates that in some way I will be more than happy.

It was noted elsewhere that the stop/start is a little sharper now, even cutting out the engine literally as the car stops opposed to the slight delay.

Obviously be seeing the range of my economy from the extremes of pushing the R and nursing the R.

Though this is the GTD section will say its with some sadness that seeing the GTD go, if someone said you had to keep it another couple of years would have had no issue keeping it (company lease dictates change and hence given the R a go)

Offline Jamesroberts3016rm

• Just got here
« Reply #18 on: 07 July 2016, 00:18 »
Has anyone fitted an induction kit on their GTD or K&N panel air filter?