Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302184 times)

Offline mon2s

• Not said much yet
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #1100 on: 27 April 2017, 16:54 »
Ref the foglights, my car (GTD) has arrived at the dealers and does not have them.  I had questioned this prior to its arrival.

Today, the dealer rang to advise that they had received a VW bulletin stating that all early model GTD/GTI cars had been built without foglights (in error).  Henceforth UK cars will have them.

Makes early cars a bit special I feel !  Price reduced by £245 as that is what they cost as an option.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #1101 on: 27 April 2017, 17:08 »
Bit of a cop out by VW, as they would cost a fair bit more than £245 to retro fit.

Presumably, the privilage re order is at the original conditions, ie. no extra cost, just the inconvenience of waiting a few more weeks. I'd be tempted to go that way, just to see if it squeezes out a better offer.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #1102 on: 27 April 2017, 17:13 »
Likewise
7.5 GTD

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1103 on: 27 April 2017, 18:26 »
Ref the foglights, my car (GTD) has arrived at the dealers and does not have them.  I had questioned this prior to its arrival.

Today, the dealer rang to advise that they had received a VW bulletin stating that all early model GTD/GTI cars had been built without foglights (in error).  Henceforth UK cars will have them.

Makes early cars a bit special I feel !  Price reduced by £245 as that is what they cost as an option.

How does that explain all Irish cars having them fitted, even before UK deliveries? Dealers will tell you anything if they think people will believe it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #1104 on: 27 April 2017, 22:18 »
It would have helped if VW had been more proactive on this. At least people power of the members has made them see sense & agree to the fitting of the front fogs to reinstate the cars iconic look with them.  Let's now see if we can get the Sport & Sound option on the shopping list asap.
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1105 on: 27 April 2017, 22:31 »
It would have helped if VW had been more proactive on this. At least people power of the members has made them see sense & agree to the fitting of the front fogs to reinstate the cars iconic look with them.  Let's now see if we can get the Sport & Sound option on the shopping list asap.

Well I did say a while ago that I bet that later cars will have the fog lights. As for the sport and sound pack, I hope it does turn up because it really is worth it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline mon2s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1106 on: 28 April 2017, 07:22 »
Well for me, I prefer the cleaner look without them - and it differentiates the facelift a little more from my existing Mk7.  If they were an option, I would not have added them.  The R doesn't have fogs and I always preferred the face of them.

I will make sure I have a copy of the said VW bulletin to show why mine doesn't have them just in case there are issues at trade in time.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #1107 on: 29 April 2017, 17:06 »
A facelift black 3dr GTI was parked right in front of me today. I had a good look around it. This is the first time I have seen the new Parker alloys in the flesh. They do look much better than they appear in photos. Also the tartan seats have really grown on me.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #1108 on: 01 May 2017, 22:30 »
When I went back to my car today a facelift Golf R was parked beside it. :rolleyes: Lapiz blue, 5dr, Pretoria alloys, DSG, keyless. The thing that struck me seeing the Mk6 and Mk7.5 cars side-by-side was the similarities in the style of the headlights. Probably why I like the facelift.

Also saw a Reflex Silver 3dr Mk7 Golf R with Cadiz alloys. That would have been my choice of colour :cry: The standard alloys are distinctive and look really good. Not sure why people would opt to change them :huh:
« Last Edit: 01 May 2017, 23:41 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #1109 on: 01 May 2017, 23:02 »
Has anybody seen a new GTI with the optional Sevilla alloys, the ones with the red rim?
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16