Author Topic: My Mk4 problems  (Read 3417 times)

Offline madgemad

• Not said much yet
My Mk4 problems
« on: 19 January 2014, 19:52 »
So I recently purchased a Mk4 TDI. I knew the regulators were broken and have just had these changed -I bought the complete panels for both front doors. The drivers door window now works but the speaker doesn't work. However the larger problem is that the passenger door window doesn't open. The garage who fitted them explained that my switch was broken and I should buy a new one. Since doing the work the central locking no longer works on that door. I have to manually open it but all the other doors unlock by turning the key in the other locks. The electric mirror doesn't work now either.

Today, I have taken the doors cards off today and looked at the wiring after looking at all the wires and not doing much the window started working, then stopped, then started....you get the picture. I'm starting to think the electrics may be temperamental but I have no experience in this area. Is this a common fault in Golf's or does anyone have any tips?

I have also changed my glow plugs this weekend, the car is starting a lot better than it was but still takes a bit of time, any ideas?

There a few other bits that I need to improve but these 2 are the most important right now so I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Offline EsSeX dAn

• I live here
Re: My Mk4 problems
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2014, 20:52 »
might be worth pushing the wires into the actusl connector a bit to make a better connection, failing that replace the door loom
as for the starting, wRm the ugs up 2 or 3 times before cranking. might help.
what engine is it by the way?
i think i love you.....

Offline madgemad

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2014, 22:26 »
Thanks, 1.9 tdi

Offline EsSeX dAn

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2014, 19:13 »
do you know what hp it is? if warming the plugs more than once helps, you can go into vcds program and extend the time the plugs are on for
i think i love you.....

Offline madgemad

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2014, 12:28 »
Warming the plugs a couple of times doesn't seem to change much. How long should they take to warm? I am turning the engine on one the glow plug light has gone out on on the speedo and it takes about 3 seconds to go out.

Offline EsSeX dAn

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2014, 23:57 »
ok, rules that out lol
what engine is it? does it crank then sound like its firing on 1 or 2 cylinders and gradually go onto3 tgen fully running?
i think i love you.....

Offline madgemad

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2014, 22:14 »
Not sure, I don't think I've ever felt that. I don't think so, it's just the normal start up noise but definitely takes too long to kick in

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #7 on: 22 January 2014, 22:34 »
Battery in good condition?
Lazy starter motor?

:undecided:

Offline madgemad

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 23 January 2014, 08:41 »
Battery seems fine. How do I check the starter motor?

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #9 on: 28 February 2014, 12:10 »
If the central locking worked before and now doesn't I bet they put the door back together and forgot to put the plug back in since it needs connecting before you bolt the inner skin back in.
Mk4 Golf 150PD