Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2774363 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6490 on: 29 April 2017, 10:36 »
Didn't want to start a new thread but I'm thinking of this clubsport but does anyone have any info on it? It is number 757 but if you look at the second photo there seems to be a worryingly large part of the dash missing.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704174505197
I think I'd give that particular car a miss judging by that image of the dash.
I'd also want a car with either Pretoria's or Quaranta alloys.
« Last Edit: 29 April 2017, 10:39 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #6491 on: 29 April 2017, 10:42 »
Didn't want to start a new thread but I'm thinking of this clubsport but does anyone have any info on it? It is number 757 but if you look at the second photo there seems to be a worryingly large part of the dash missing.

In one breath it says it has the tech pack, in the description it says it only has a 6.5" screen and in the pictures someone has nicked the f**k*r :grin:

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6492 on: 29 April 2017, 11:52 »

Yup. The radio/Nav and the vents/Trims above it are missing. Hmmm!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6493 on: 29 April 2017, 12:02 »

In one breath it says it has the tech pack, in the description it says it only has a 6.5" screen and in the pictures someone has nicked the f**k*r :grin:

I've seen many cars described incorrectly on the Autotrader website. They seem to use a 'generic' description for some cars which doesn't always accurately reflect the car that's for sale. For this Clubsport, it also states it's got front and rear parking sensors (Clubsport only has rears).

I think that before I took the time and trouble to go and view the car, I'd contact the dealer and ask why the centre vents and infotainment screen were missing and see if the dealer's explanation sounds plausible.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6494 on: 29 April 2017, 12:33 »
I'm going to ring them but thought I'd ask here first in case someone knows the car.

I don't put much pass on what dealers say about spec on auto trader because the usually just tick checkboxes and often doesn't make sense.

It is the right colour, right amount of doors, right wheels and dynaudio but I'm put off by the rather obvious hole in the dash. I'm looking at a different one later.

What do you think of the price, be better at under £30k?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6495 on: 29 April 2017, 17:00 »
I'm going to ring them but thought I'd ask here first in case someone knows the car.

I don't put much pass on what dealers say about spec on auto trader because the usually just tick checkboxes and often doesn't make sense.

It is the right colour, right amount of doors, right wheels and dynaudio but I'm put off by the rather obvious hole in the dash. I'm looking at a different one later.

What do you think of the price, be better at under £30k?

It would be better at under £30k, and there are Clubsports on Autotrader and in the 'Used' section on WV's website at sub-£30k but they don't match your spec requirements, and it's unlikely there'll be too many around that do match your ideal spec, especially if that includes the Clubsport seats. The dealer will undoubtably use the argument about it being produced in limited numbers / it's rare, to justify the asking price too. 

I suppose it comes down to whether it's worth the asking price to you and how keen/desperate the dealer is to sell it. I'd want reassurances from the dealer though that there's a good, legitimate reason for the missing vents and infotainment screen and that the car doesn't have a dubious past; it shouldn't have with a delivery mileage of just 10 miles though!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6496 on: 29 April 2017, 17:34 »
Well car been in for its very 1st service and glad all ok but tbh with 2k on the clock wasn't expecting any less lol.
Anyways service done Dtuk peddle box fitted with no issues even the clip n plugs separated very easily following Booths advise :-) anyhow got it set on amber + 2 green having a run out to the coast tomorrow so will see how it goes  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6497 on: 29 April 2017, 18:33 »
Well car been in for its very 1st service and glad all ok but tbh with 2k on the clock wasn't expecting any less lol.
Anyways service done Dtuk peddle box fitted with no issues even the clip n plugs separated very easily following Booths advise :-) anyhow got it set on amber + 2 green having a run out to the coast tomorrow so will see how it goes  :whistle:

Have yourself a nice day out :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #6498 on: 29 April 2017, 18:37 »
Guys please recommend me some cill protectors for my 3 door CS gti ....
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6499 on: 29 April 2017, 20:46 »

I've seen many cars described incorrectly on the Autotrader website. They seem to use a 'generic' description for some cars which doesn't always accurately reflect the car that's for sale. For this Clubsport, it also states it's got front and rear parking sensors (Clubsport only has rears).

I think that before I took the time and trouble to go and view the car, I'd contact the dealer and ask why the centre vents and infotainment screen were missing and see if the dealer's explanation sounds plausible.

Lots of dealers still remove head units/radios/entertainment to stop them being stolen. Despite the face that the VW stuff is almost useless if stolen (at the moment), idiots will still steal them. If it ain't there, no point damaging the car.