Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2778233 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6130 on: 21 February 2017, 07:33 »
Gave the GTD a late winter clean and full machine polish and C2V3 top up (2 coats). Also took the wheels off and polished and sealed with Poorboys wheel sealant.

Also, at long last managed to get around to fitting the rear footwell lights (many thanks to forum member "Kevinm" for his detailed instructions. Unlike Kevin, I couldn't' be bothered making up my own harnesses so purchased them ready made from www.carsystems.pl - great OEM quality and with a dual plug that piggybacks off the front lights so no cutting or splicing of the factory cables needed at all. All nicely run under the sills then under the carpets to where the main seat harness pops out under the seat, ten cable tied to the factory harness.

Lights not pushed fully in as waiting for my Red LED bulbs to match the front footwell's but you get the idea.

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6131 on: 21 February 2017, 08:02 »
Gave the GTD a late winter clean and full machine polish and C2V3 top up (2 coats). Also took the wheels off and polished and sealed with Poorboys wheel sealant.

That looks fantastic Sootchucker. Brilliant job! Hope to be doing mine in the next few weeks.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6132 on: 21 February 2017, 11:05 »
Great Job Sootchucker, looks awesome  :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6133 on: 21 February 2017, 14:35 »

Also, at long last managed to get around to fitting the rear footwell lights (many thanks to forum member "Kevinm" for his detailed instructions. Unlike Kevin, I couldn't' be bothered making up my own harnesses so purchased them ready made from www.carsystems.pl - great OEM quality and with a dual plug that piggybacks off the front lights so no cutting or splicing of the factory cables needed at all. All nicely run under the sills then under the carpets to where the main seat harness pops out under the seat, ten cable tied to the factory harness.

Lights not pushed fully in as waiting for my Red LED bulbs to match the front footwell's but you get the idea.

I can't believe how much better a GTD looks with red badges!
A must have mod for GTD owners.
Gorgeous looking car Sootchucker :drool:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6134 on: 21 February 2017, 15:29 »

I can't believe how much better a GTD looks with red badges!
A must have mod for GTD owners.

Gorgeous looking car Sootchucker :drool:

On it... :wink:

I just don't know what colour to have the fender with the red gtd on a white car....?

What would people suggest...?
« Last Edit: 21 February 2017, 15:33 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6135 on: 21 February 2017, 15:44 »
Red - as per the last post in the detailing section - pics of my old White GTD is there with Red Badgeskins on it.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6136 on: 21 February 2017, 16:11 »
Red - as per the last post in the detailing section - pics of my old White GTD is there with Red Badgeskins on it.

All ordered.

Front & Rear in red with fenders in red with dark grey backing.

Thanks again Scootchucker for your help, much appreciated. :smiley:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6137 on: 21 February 2017, 16:27 »
Are those still the original tailpipes Mr N, as they look quite big? Is it just the angle?
I remember you saying you were experimenting with the pipes that came off the Polo
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6138 on: 21 February 2017, 16:48 »
Yeah, I'm experimenting with some "over pipes" with a slash cut that I got off Amazon. Wanted to see if I preferred the single sided look of standard with bigger pipes, or go the GTI style route with one pipe either side and yet another rear diffuser.

Think I've decided to be a bit controversial and not go the GTI way like a lot seem to go, and stick with one sided.

Trouble is I love the system Milltek do for the MK7 GTD, but I can't find it anywhere as just a rear axle back system (only a cat back system), and obviously there's a lot of it I wouldn't use as I want to retain the speaker of the S&S package.

I believe these are the parts I only require:

MSVW414 (Rear Silencer Outlet Pipe Assembly)
MSVW370 x2 (Polished Trim Assembly Twin 80mm GT80)

Anyone any idea when I can purchase just these parts ? I tried Milltek direct and they would only sell the complete cat back system.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #6139 on: 21 February 2017, 17:32 »
After a recent trip, when I encountered 4 mobile camera vans, all in North Yorkshire, I got the Pocket GPS World Speed Camera POI database loaded via Car-Net. Enabled the POI's on the map and toggled alarm to sound for "My POI's", so will report back on how well that works. Cost me £19.99 for a year of weekly updated camera positions, so not much lost if it fails! Visual map check shows that the ones I know round here are shown. So far, so good.  :wink:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.