Author Topic: forgot to say  (Read 1261 times)

Offline vw-8v

• Here all the time
forgot to say
« on: 04 March 2010, 19:55 »
amongst poss probs i had new discs and pads put on about 1 month ago and the pulsing on braking stopped (thought it warpped discs) after doing the 1073 miles since last fri night it bk worse than ever

is it the diicsa are kack as i hav deavey foot and like to beat my work collegues focus 1.6 home every night lol

or is it down to the suspension being out?

as in other thread.

cheers?

Offline alex160

• I live here
Re: forgot to say
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2010, 21:36 »
Sounds like you've fooked the discs again, if i were you i would stop driving like a tit and you wouldnt get the problem, or get some driled/grooved discs all round with some green stuff or redstuff pads.
2001 Golf GT TDi  150bhp/ 250 ftIb torque  *No smoke, No poke*
Jamex coilovers, 8k HID's, 18" RS6 alloys, Pipercross panel filter. Stage 1 Revo remap.THS FR3 engine mounts, Anniversary headlamps. GTI rear spoiler, Miltek largebore decat/downpipe, Pro-speed cat back exhaust system (V6 4mo style tailpipes) *SOLD*

2002 Golf GT TDi 130. Allard egr removal kit, 18" Audi rs6 alloy wheels. Mk5 rear aero wiper.gen R32 roof spoiler, JOM coilovers, JOM heavy duty adj droplinks

Offline vw-8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2010, 20:24 »
appricate the comment alex , u twit (now in the interest of moderating i think this a fare comment)

when i say race u must imagine my 300 bhp tdi (100 tdi)is tearing up the roads much like my m8s focus rs (i mean 1.6)

to any one who sees it lol  a few crazed sheep cld prob walk faster and if i giv the impression that i drive like a tit then this is untrue as I avarage a very high mpg's over the 90 mile dayly trip and given you dont know the conditions, road or indeed myself the idea of driving like a tit counjours up images of some one who drives at 50 in a small towns and spins their wheels at lights lol well to me it does then i take your comment in a very poor light and i am trying very Fekin (yet again i appolosige for bending the rule of getting round any bad lanuage ) hard to reply to your post with out any slur on yourself as i am sure you obey every driving law and generally live a quiet life.

oh but thanks for info on pads and as confirmed by yourself i did think the discs were cooked.

Offline alex160

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 09 March 2010, 19:26 »
Sorry lol, didnt mean to offend you so much. But your first post gives the wrong impression. When people put posts up about racing their mates etc then people generally think negative im afraid. Fair enough having some fun with your mate on quiet roads wheres it safe. And yes i do stick to the road laws all the time  :evil:  (not)
Jamex coilovers, 8k HID's, 18" RS6 alloys, Pipercross panel filter. Stage 1 Revo remap.THS FR3 engine mounts, Anniversary headlamps. GTI rear spoiler, Miltek largebore decat/downpipe, Pro-speed cat back exhaust system (V6 4mo style tailpipes) *SOLD*

2002 Golf GT TDi 130. Allard egr removal kit, 18" Audi rs6 alloy wheels. Mk5 rear aero wiper.gen R32 roof spoiler, JOM coilovers, JOM heavy duty adj droplinks

Offline vw-8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 10 March 2010, 19:56 »
no prob m8 all is good  :wink: i hav been looking at a few discs like those tarox discs but not sure what to go for as read a fair bit on brakes and pads last night and ugraded grooved means pads wear faster on te disc and the drilled discs or grooved and drilled the drilled part didnt help vent brake gases but only helped weight loss (i find that strange)

so on the hunt for standard siize but uprated discs and pads set

any ideas lol as will need them i still brake this car as if it a petrol with decent brakes lol and it taking along time to adjust it seems.

Offline alex160

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2010, 18:40 »
Ive always used mintex discs and pads, but dont think they do drilled/grooved discs. If you defo want a good high quality set of drilled/grooved discs then brembo or ebc are the ones to go for. However you will pay a fair bit more for them  :sad: