Author Topic: HELP....Air bubbles!  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Kyle!

• Here all the time
HELP....Air bubbles!
« on: 11 September 2009, 22:27 »
I curently have air bubble in the transparent pipe that leads from the fuel filter to the injection pump, most of the time these dont affect the engine but just recently when sitting at the lights my car will i dunno "judder" as the air bubbles get into the engine also when driving along this will happen occasionally... i have replaced the fuel filter, the transparent pipe both from the filter to the pump and from the pump to the filter (sold as one unit) i have replaced every hose clip i can find and i hae inspectedthe fuel lines but cant seem to find anythin.. just wondered if any one had experienced this and cured it or has any one heard of any common faults?? Its an AGR engine... all help is much appreciated, thanks boys.

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/473515/3251643.aspx#3251643
^^ Clicky For Build Thread (Updated 17/08/12) ^^

Offline old_n07

• I live here
Re: HELP....Air bubbles!
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2009, 18:02 »
Check the O ring on the connector on the fuel filter as these are easily trapped and can cause air to ingress, did you fit a new one when you changed the filter?

If it isn't that or the fuel lines then it could be the pump, when the seals deteriorate they can also pass air.

Neil
Quote from: mikemk4golf
Hey you're a moderator, I want a serious answer not someone who takes the piss!

Grammar is the difference between Helping your Uncle jack off a horse and Helping your Uncle Jack off a horse.

Not so standard Gt TDi
Cluster Mods FAQ | Miles to Empty Guide

Offline Kyle!

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2009, 22:57 »
yea i work on diesel engines so ive had it drilled into my head for the past four years that you have to change the o ring lol thanks for the advice on the pump mate dunno what to do about that cant reallly be arsed removing it to have it tested lol

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/473515/3251643.aspx#3251643
^^ Clicky For Build Thread (Updated 17/08/12) ^^

Offline MK3TDi1996

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2009, 20:18 »
I get air bubbles in my mk3 1.9 (AHU)

Doesn't seem to affect engine running but would prefer them not to be there!  Just replace the o-ring then?  Anything else worth checking?

Thanks