Author Topic: Minor service myth  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Tezmax

• GTI forum regular
Minor service myth
« on: 23 December 2016, 08:28 »
Is it me or does the Gti run that little bit smoother after an oil, filter and spark plug change?
Also those 5 horses you think it lost over the last 6 months come back  :undecided:

1.8t Aum. forge 007p. 17" bbs. R-tech stage 1 map.205/235. catch can.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: Minor service myth
« Reply #1 on: 24 December 2016, 10:47 »
Is it me or does the Gti run that little bit smoother after an oil, filter and spark plug change?
Also those 5 horses you think it lost over the last 6 months come back  :undecided:
Most cars will run better not just a gti  :smiley:

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 26 December 2016, 11:43 »
They certainly do, think 5th gear once did a test on a vw corrado where they dyno'd each change starting with redex then oil change spark plugs etc and they gained small amounts each time till they nearly restored it back to factory bhp.
Bearing in mind they don't all leave the factory the same.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 December 2016, 23:07 »
You feel better with clean underpants on don't you...same effect on the car...dirty oil=dirty pants!
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.