Author Topic: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!  (Read 61426 times)

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!
« Reply #230 on: 29 September 2008, 14:36 »
Nathan,

Any word on colours in general, same pallete as the Scirocco?

What about wheels, will we see 19's as an option?

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....
« Reply #231 on: 29 September 2008, 14:48 »

I assume one can toggle on/off the even more silly Adaptive Distance Control system. Hopefully you would like the built-in XDS diff - It's interesting that by its inclusion, VW have acknowledged traction issues on even the standard car.

Exactly, so either set the car up properly or give it a proper mechanical Limited slip diff. All this electro safety stuff drives me nuts :laugh:

As in a Torsen or Quaife?  :wink:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #232 on: 29 September 2008, 14:59 »
This car looks like the rubbish Mk4 GTI.
VW must think that people who would have bought the perfect Mk5 will now go and buy an Audi, but many will simply buy a BMW and be done with it. (Audi drivers are the Volvoists of old, not a group I would like to join)

Pardon . . . . . .

See my sig!  :wink:
-----

I feel like a homo

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #233 on: 29 September 2008, 15:03 »

The Mk6 does look like an evolution of the Mk4's body rather than the Mk5. It's a Mk5.5 engine in a Mk4.5 body methinks.

It isn't.  It is actually an Audi engine.  And a Golf 5 floorpan/chassis and bulkhead.

But I'm undecided on the body style.  Too much black in the front, similar to Seats, and the red piping is too close.

And why the lack of electric lumbar support?  Those manual lumbar levers just arn't able to be fine tuned for the correct effect.
-----

I feel like a homo

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #234 on: 29 September 2008, 15:05 »
There's good news and bad news for Gulfstream11  :laugh: :grin:

Can you spot what I mean ? :grin: :grin:

Erm - the current Mk5 left hookers have the alloy/rubber dead pedal!  :tongue:
-----

I feel like a homo

Offline neg

• I live here
« Reply #235 on: 29 September 2008, 15:08 »
I do miss having leccy memory seats for when the wife drives - unlock the car with my key and it went to my position  :cry:

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #236 on: 29 September 2008, 15:22 »
Nathan,

Any word on colours in general, same pallete as the Scirocco?

What about wheels, will we see 19's as an option?

Dave

Sorry Dave they were VERY tight lipped about the GTI as it's so far from launch. I would imagine more info to come to light next month when the car appears at the Paris motorshow.

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #237 on: 29 September 2008, 15:28 »

I assume one can toggle on/off the even more silly Adaptive Distance Control system. Hopefully you would like the built-in XDS diff - It's interesting that by its inclusion, VW have acknowledged traction issues on even the standard car.

Exactly, so either set the car up properly or give it a proper mechanical Limited slip diff. All this electro safety stuff drives me nuts :laugh:

As in a Torsen or Quaife?  :wink:

....As far as I know, the Mk6 electronic diff is a 'part' of the ESP system - Don't take my words too literally please T_T :afro:

All I know is that my VWR-Quaife mechanical diff is truly amazing!! And I haven't even been shown its limits yet. Possibly a lot more expensive for VW to have included though.
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #238 on: 05 October 2008, 17:55 »
I'm not touching the Mk6 GTI or  GTI-R...  I'm going to get myself a nice cheap Mk5 R32 in a couple of months and save enough money to move onto a Porcshe 911 after 12 months before selling that a year later for a Nissan GTR  :evil:    The Mk6 GTI looks a nice car but just isn't different enough to consider over my Edition 30 (thats staying in the stable permanently)... my wife likes the Mk6  GTIand I might get here one in 2010 when the price has dropped for a 12 month old one and the economic outlook is more certain/positive.  Until then, she'll have to make do with driving the Edition 30 around town while I sell her Lupo GTI and get that R32 I've been pining for since part-exing with the Edition 30 18 months ago  :cry:   :drool:
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #239 on: 05 October 2008, 19:11 »
I'm not touching the Mk6 GTI or  GTI-R...  I'm going to get myself a nice cheap Mk5 R32 in a couple of months and save enough money to move onto a Porcshe 911 after 12 months before selling that a year later for a Nissan GTR  :evil:    The Mk6 GTI looks a nice car but just isn't different enough to consider over my Edition 30 (thats staying in the stable permanently)... my wife likes the Mk6  GTIand I might get here one in 2010 when the price has dropped for a 12 month old one and the economic outlook is more certain/positive.  Until then, she'll have to make do with driving the Edition 30 around town while I sell her Lupo GTI and get that R32 I've been pining for since part-exing with the Edition 30 18 months ago  :cry:   :drool:

ello stranger, nice to see your still visiting!, 2 have both daddy mk5's in your locker mate, im very jelous!  :wink: