Author Topic: My new GTD  (Read 13707 times)

Offline bri

• Not said much yet
My new GTD
« on: 02 February 2015, 23:52 »
hi all,
this is my new new GTD which i had on order since early november last, delivered my my dealer on the 5th january and i picked it up on the 9th

its a 5 door ,manual gearbox ,cloth interior.

These are coming with a nice specification as standard in ireland from the factory now.dont know how this matches up to uk spec but its a big improvment on the 2014 model here.
Eg,
18" nogaro alloys ,225/40/18(bridgestones in this case :(( )
bi xenon,s with seperate led drl,s
park distance control.
adaptive cruise control
climatronic air con, 2 zone climate control
auto stop /start .
auto handbrake, auto hill hold function.
fatigue detection driver alert system
xds electronic diff lock

vw irl were offering the" technology pack" option f.o.c at time of ordering so this add,s
"discover media" sat nav.
reversing camera
high beam control light assist
mobile device interface." media in"

i also ordered the "sport and sound package" which consists of

active exhaust system .basically an actuator in the exhaust with gives a more throaty sound.
driving profile selection.
eco function
rear stabiliser.
red detailing on the brake calipers.

The only other specified option is the colour, its carbon steel grey metallic. its a GTD/GTI specific colour only

This was my first viewing of it on the day it arrived at the dealer,just off the delivery truck.

and a couple from when i got it home

really happy with it so far.  plan on upgrading the remaining non led interior lighting  and some vcds adjustments that i found on here. thats all for the moment.

MK7 GOLF GTD .CARBON STEEL GREY MET.S+S

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
Re: My new GTD
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2015, 13:15 »
Very nice spec and colour there Bri - welcome to the forum and thanks for showing us your new car :-)
« Last Edit: 03 February 2015, 20:46 by Mark V GTD »

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2015, 13:43 »
Welcome Bri, very nice car indeed.

The base spec looks very similar to the UK from what I can see, about time :)

I'm not sure what the rear stabiliser is in the S&S pack, and if this is standard on the UK car? It's the only item that stood out as significantly different to me.

Enjoy!

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2015, 20:47 »
Nice one Brian!

Very rare motor in Ireland.

Ive only seeen 4 others since i got mine in Oct 2013 and ive done 60K travelling the country..!! ( and none of those were CSG..!!)

VW Ireland took the piss and totally diluted the brand with the standard spec offered at launch but im glad they've started to get their act together and ur reaping the benefits...

All the best
Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline bri

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2015, 22:58 »
Welcome Bri, very nice car indeed.

The base spec looks very similar to the UK from what I can see, about time :)

I'm not sure what the rear stabiliser is in the S&S pack, and if this is standard on the UK car? It's the only item that stood out as significantly different to me.

Enjoy!
thanks very much . from what ive read the spec looks about similar alright.
here is what is included in the S+S pack according to vw :rolleyes:

17" 'Curibita' alloy wheels
Covers for alloy wheels
Disc brake, front
Disc brakes, rear (Geomet D)
Driving profile selection and conventional shock absorber
ECO function
Front shock absorption
Outside sound (type 2)
Rear sports shock absorption
Rear stabilizer
Tires 225/40 R18 92Y xl
Wheel bolts with anti-theft protection (unlockable)

most of it looks to be mumbo jumbo really ? i dont think in reality the rear stabiliser and shock absorbers are any different than on a gtd without S+S, from my own research anyway!there is a thread on here confirming this also.
VW ireland were clear as mud about it too :grin: nevermind! I like it and was,nt that expensive all told.
« Last Edit: 04 February 2015, 11:46 by bri »

Offline bri

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 03 February 2015, 23:06 »
Nice one Brian!

Very rare motor in Ireland.

Ive only seeen 4 others since i got mine in Oct 2013 and ive done 60K travelling the country..!! ( and none of those were CSG..!!)

VW Ireland took the piss and totally diluted the brand with the standard spec offered at launch but im glad they've started to get their act together and ur reaping the benefits...

All the best

cheers fabio!
i was all set to go for tornado red until i looked at a 142 demo in airside in csg, was sold on the colour straight away!  i know of one other 141 csg also !
how are you finding yours long term ? i see you specced the dynaudio , kind of sorry i did,nt get it on mine, i feel the std set up could do with a bit more punch...

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 03 February 2015, 23:09 »
most of it looks to be mumbo jumbo really ? i dont think in reality the rear stabiliser and shock obsorbers are any different that on a gtd without S+S, from my own research anyway, there is a thread on here confirming this also.
VW ireland were clear as mud about it too :grin: nevermind i like it and was,nt that expensive all told.
Ha ha, looks like a bit of break down in communication from the engineering to marketing departments!

UK dealers had a hard enough job understanding the TWO options included in our S&S, I can't imagine the conversations you may have attempted to have!  :grin:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7 on: 04 February 2015, 12:08 »
I don't think Ireland were taking the mick (excuse the pun)... in Germany the GTD comes with pretty much nothing, everything is an optional extra.

Its the UK market that was bundling stuff (probably all at exact cost price, just making everyone buy a pile of extras)

Nice looking car though mate, I remember when mine was clean too  :drool:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 04 February 2015, 15:12 »
Fred,

The German car cost approx €29000 and had Xenons and Climate as standard, the Irish car cost €37400 and had neither.

http://m.carsireland.ie/detail-images.php?ad_id=1120309

The 2015 model has undergone a slight increase of €1200 but now has virtually identical spec to UK car, benefiting in approx €4000 worth of extras for this slight increase.

VW Ireland also reduced the price of the 2015 R from approx €53000 to €43000.

So as you can see, very poor value initially but has improved. its a shame they couldnt have done this from launch instead of 18 months later...
« Last Edit: 04 February 2015, 15:36 by Fabio Bignose »
Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline bri

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 29 April 2015, 23:00 »
Spent some time saturday evening and sunday giving the car an exterior detail.

Snowfoam step with meguires hyperwash

Rinsed and washed with chemical guys maxisuds.

Detar with tardis.

Wash again and de ironed with bilter hamber korrosol inc wheels.

Clayed with megs claybar and QD

full wash again and dried . left overnight indoors to dry off after blasting shuts etc to remove water pockets.

sunday morning i applied two coats of bilt hamber finis wax .

glass polished with AG fast glass.

wheels dressed with chemical guys wheel guard.

tyres dressed with AG tyre dressing.

black trims dressed with aerospace protectant.

exhaust tips polished with autosol .

some pics of the finished product!!