Author Topic: cheap remap.  (Read 12973 times)

Offline mad man gti

• Not said much yet
cheap remap.
« on: 12 October 2008, 19:37 »
enyone on here ever used more bhp.com. www.more-bhp.com:undecided: and if so what was it like it is very cheap. but theres always that sayin............

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
Re: cheap remap.
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2008, 19:39 »
never heard of them

which is more than enough reason to avoid like the plague !!!!

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2008, 19:39 »
enyone on here ever used more bhp.com. www.more-bhp.com:undecided: and if so what was it like it is very cheap. but theres always that sayin............

....Pay peanuts and you get monkeys? :evil:
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline gazbutmk5gti

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2008, 19:43 »
hear hear :smiley:
Revo stg2+ & lots more

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 12 October 2008, 19:46 »
Exactly whats been said, would you trust someone with little or no history on your pride and joy for the sake of maybe £100 saving??. i certainly wouldnt.

Dont think it , just do it

REVO

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #5 on: 12 October 2008, 19:51 »

To be fair and not jump to conclusions, I just checked out their web site. For the torque on the Mk5 GTI they don't state whether it's ft lbs or Nm's!

On the Mk4 GTI 1.8T they show a pic of a Mk4 R32! Also, I think I know who the owner is!! And I don't expect he'd be too pleased.

My rule of judgement is that if a tuner doesn't work with Milltek (or another major performance exhaust producer) in their performance exhaust developments, I simply ain't interested! There's no point - They go hand-in-hand.
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 12 October 2008, 19:57 »
drop Nick @ R-Tech a line

top bloke with excellent customer service

there are more than one or two very happy MKIV owners  :wink:

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 12 October 2008, 19:58 »
Exactly whats been said, would you trust someone with little or no history on your pride and joy for the sake of maybe £100 saving??. i certainly wouldnt.

REVO

i actualy mentioned Revo on another forum and there slating Revo, LOL, guess you cant win

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #8 on: 12 October 2008, 20:00 »
My rule of judgement is that if a tuner doesn't work with Milltek (or another major performance exhaust producer) in their performance exhaust developments, I simply ain't interested! There's no point - They go hand-in-hand.

all due respect Robin that's a very elitiest view - a lot of people can't afford an after market exhaust system and therefore shouldn't chose a tuner based on whether or not they work closely with an aftermarket exhaust manufacturer

many don't simply have the resources to do so

i chose my remap based on reviews and testing other cars, not because they work with exhaust manufacturers

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 12 October 2008, 20:01 »

REVO

When you getting yours done then Steve??  :huh: :wink: