Author Topic: Hello all from Essex!  (Read 5114 times)

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
Hello all from Essex!
« on: 10 January 2013, 02:22 »
hello to all @ golf gti forum!

New to VW's and always wanted a mk3 golf.
picked myself up an 8v Mk3 back in October after writing off two sh*tboxes over summer.
Bought from a guy who had her 8 years, half of which she sat on the drive. apparently he worked in the city and only used it as a runaround at the weekends. had a lovely bit of moss build up which was one of the first things i took care of when i got her home!
She came with lots of paperwork including a very comprehensive service history, MOT certificates and parts receipts. The most recent work was a full service carried out at the end of August, which was easily verified upon inspection.
been driving her for 3 months now and had absolutely no problems. starts on the button every time. there has been a couple of superficial issues that have been or will be easily remedied. As is to be expected from a mk3, the gear box is a little temperamental. I'm not gonna go into too much detail here as i will be starting another thread in the projects section.
all in all im very happy with the motor, she's clean, runs well and is relatively cheap to run.

Cheers!

images to follow tomorrow
« Last Edit: 20 September 2013, 18:10 by jimmydub »

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: Hello all from Essex!
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2013, 08:59 »
Welcome to the fold!

Get those pics up...

Pic uploader help HERE
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2013, 14:49 »
not the best day for taking photos but here we go none the less.

Offline Metallix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2013, 15:50 »
Car looks in really good condition from the photos.  :smiley:

Is that a Gran Turismo logo on the number plate?

If you wish to attend local meets your options are:

Essex Club GTI
 &
Renegade Dubs

Offline matty james

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2013, 15:58 »
hi m8 , i had a red 8v gti mk3 , bf the 1 i just got and that had a iffy 2nd gear when cold but got better as box got warm, i got it wid 100000m on clock and did 50000 on it in 4yr , think she only broke down 3 times over that period and that was just wid minor stuff like coil pack and clutch cable clip coming off. bf that i ad a 1800 gl mk3 it was silver, now i got another 1800 silver 1 but mk4 18t anniversary wid 110000 on clock its in great nick, my friend who is a vw mechanic runs his own repair garage vw audi seat etc only , he always solves my probs at m8 rates . was in 2day 2 av codes read , need a new maf , but other than that im well pleased wid it . will av 2 take sum pics an post em up when i av thetime soon  :smiley:
mk3 gti"s and vr6"s,present a silver mk4 anniversary on adjustable coilovers.

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 10 January 2013, 16:42 »
Is that a Gran Turismo logo on the number plate?

haha!  i just googled it and your right! i had no idea mate!
it was just one of the logos i found which i thought looked pretty trick; didnt want the empty space and certainly didnt want the blue GB! the vw looked a bit lonesome too, so tried this one out and really liked it. up close it actually says GTI mk3. i'll upload a pic to show you.

« Last Edit: 20 September 2013, 18:10 by jimmydub »

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 10 January 2013, 16:47 »
had a iffy 2nd gear when cold but got better as box got warm.

reassuring to know im not alone. did my research on them and was prepared for gearbox issues.

now i got another 1800 silver 1 but mk4 18t anniversary wid 110000 on clock its in great nick,

nice man, you should definitely whack up some photos man, would like to see it.

my friend who is a vw mechanic runs his own repair garage vw audi seat etc only , he always solves my probs at m8 rates

well handy eh! i got a pal who does the same for me. he rebuilt the engine in one of my last motors and i wrote it off 4 days later :( he werent best pleased haha

Offline Murrayedition35

• I live here
  • Edition 35 3dr Manual - Deep Black.
« Reply #7 on: 10 January 2013, 19:17 »
Hi there and welcome...  :smiley:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 11 January 2013, 16:34 »
Looks tidy!  :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 15 January 2013, 21:55 »
If you wish to attend local meets your options are:

Essex Club GTI
 &
Renegade Dubs

thanks for the info btw mate!