Author Topic: Running costs  (Read 13095 times)

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
Re: Running costs
« Reply #20 on: 07 January 2019, 17:36 »
Interesting, thanks. Any more views on Brescias minus DCC?
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 07 January 2019, 19:05 »
I’ve had a few Gti’s on 19s and haven’t felt the need for DCC. The gti does ride a lot better than the S3 though after having both cars.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 07 January 2019, 19:07 »
That’ll do me. Another £800 saved right there. 👍 cheers.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Zan

• Not said much yet
  • MK 7.5 GTi PP>Now MK 8 R-Line 150
« Reply #23 on: 07 January 2019, 20:30 »
Although I got mine 2nd hand (mine has santiago 19's) I'm glad it's got the DCC with the pothole ridden and generally naff daily drive I do. My previous S1 only had the 17's and didn't have DCC and it was like skippy the kangaroo at times  :whistle:

Offline Zan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 07 January 2019, 20:37 »
Also, the keyless entry as standard is a security risk on the Golf.
I use a Disklok and a faraday pouch, but I've just discovered you can turn Keyless off on the Golf.

Lock the car with the fob, then within 5 seconds press the keyless button/sensor on the door handle. That switches off the keyless-entry system until the next time you unlock the car with the fob. Perfect for when leaving the car overnight or if in a particularly vulnerable place.

:cool:
I asked the dealer when I was picking mine up "can the keyless entry be deactivated?...he replied no sir and why would you want to" he seemed rather lost to the security implications so I looked in the manual and voila as you have explained above it can be done on a one time basis, it's been my usual routine since I've had the car ;)

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 07 January 2019, 20:43 »
Given a salesman’s job expectancy is 2.5 years, I’m not surprised. They don’t seem to hang around very long so probably move on just as they become clued up on the cars they are selling.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 07 January 2019, 20:45 »
I think if it were me i'd be wanting the keyless entry coded out, for peace of mind.
7.5 GTD

Offline Zan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 07 January 2019, 21:04 »
I've never been a fan of keyless entry and have never specced it when buying new, but as this was 9months old when I bought it compromises on spec are a given.
Having it coded out would be ideal but the one time deactivation only takes a smidgen longer when locking the car so it will do for now.

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 07 January 2019, 21:07 »
Interesting, thanks. Any more views on Brescias minus DCC?

I have Brescias without dcc. The ride is just fine, I have taken a few people in my car and most commented on how well the car rode.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 07 January 2019, 21:13 »
Thanks. I’m slightly hesitant as I really like my current 1.4 150ps Audi A3 S-Line. Am I going to regret a GTI? I know it has the performance, but feeling a little sad to potentially say goodbye to the four rings. GTI has MUCH more kit though. 🤪