Author Topic: Running costs  (Read 13323 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: Running costs
« Reply #40 on: 08 January 2019, 11:21 »
‘‘Tis done. Deposit paid on the GTI. 👍
Good work, you won't regret it!

Spec? Hope you got a good discount! :cool:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 08 January 2019, 11:27 »
Funnily enough after not seeing an S3 for ages I saw two yesterday within minutes on the bypass near IKEA. A grubby red one and a lovely metallic blue one that must have been DSG as it made a great noise accelerating.

I’ve come to the conclusion as to why I’ve had 4 mk7’s and no S3.
The Audi is just another corporate hatch hiding behind its “prestige” grille badge. The S3 looks like a mid range Diesel still. I guess that’s what S3 buyers like, that total Q car look with “that” badge.
I’m definitely more of a GTI person. I wouldn’t mind being an RS3 person but I’m too poor.  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #42 on: 08 January 2019, 11:28 »
I got a cracking discount. Pushed them hard. It’s more than others have paid last year but part of that is down to the £/€ conversion tanking 20% over the past two years.

GTI PP DSG, Isaac Blue, 19” Brescias, Dynaudio upgrade. No other options but it’s fully loaded as standard, even more so on the MY19.

List price came in at just over £34k I believe, but I’ve got then down to just over £28k, so £6k off. Did it on a PCP so 3k down plus 47 x £329. A little more than I’d hoped to pay per month but all things considered (especially with recent rises) I think I’ve got a good deal.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 08 January 2019, 17:19 »
Good colour (even if I am bias!) and deal... also still time to change your mind about the DCC that appears to be missing...  :wink:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #44 on: 08 January 2019, 17:21 »
Good colour (even if I am bias!) and deal... also still time to change your mind about the DCC that appears to be missing...  :wink:

I took a chance. Can’t be any harder than the 11 plate TT I owned before the A3. That was on 19s and on older pre-MQB platform. 😬
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 08 January 2019, 18:25 »
That’s a great deal you got there. I thought I’d done well to get £5.7k off. Think I’ll try harder for another £300.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #46 on: 08 January 2019, 18:27 »
That’s a great deal you got there. I thought I’d done well to get £5.7k off. Think I’ll try harder for another £300.

Or get them to throw in the first two services for free.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 08 January 2019, 18:31 »

And some gloss black mirror caps? I’m going to ask!  :grin:

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #48 on: 08 January 2019, 19:09 »

You’ll get more joy with things like that than trying to change the price at this stage. Although once you’ve signed you’ll be hard pressed to get them to add much into the bargain. Do I need to tick DCC? Having second thoughts... got to live with it for four years! But... my poor bank balance! Already pushed the mrs to her tolerance threshold too. On dangerous ground now.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 08 January 2019, 19:18 »

You’ll get more joy with things like that than trying to change the price at this stage. Although once you’ve signed you’ll be hard pressed to get them to add much into the bargain. Do I need to tick DCC? Having second thoughts... got to live with it for four years! But... my poor bank balance! Already pushed the mrs to her tolerance threshold too. On dangerous ground now.

I’ve not signed anything yet!

I always live on dangerous ground as far as cars go. I like to slowly filter the news in.