Author Topic: Door and dash trims on MK7.5 GTI  (Read 2534 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Door and dash trims on MK7.5 GTI
« on: 27 July 2018, 16:32 »
Don't know if it's just me, but on my new MK7.5 GTI, the door trims (the long shiney grey plastic inserts that are sort of fake honeycomb) and the one on the dash above the glovebox, seem to have a bit of a weird finish on them ?

I'm used to the previous versions in my two GTD's which were darker (sort of very dark grey/black carbon fibre effect) and much more glossy than the semi matt finish of the new GTI ones. As such the trims in the current car always seem to look mucky (like a sort of dried water stain across them). At frist I though they had some sort of clear transport protective covers on them, but they don't appear to have any on them. The older GTD ones were a doddle to keep clean and free of finger prints & smudges by wiping over with a damp microfibre, but the newer semi matt ones on the GTI seem much harder to get pristine ?

Anyone esle noticed this or just me ? If so, how do you keep your clean ?
« Last Edit: 26 February 2019, 08:58 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
Re: Door and dash timrs on MK7.5 GTI
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2018, 07:51 »
Yes I have noticed this on mine too; I assumed my girlfriend (who has a serious Burts Bees handcream addiction) had left smeary hand prints over them, but I was wrong. .......(And quite rightly she told me so  :whistle:  )

I've got some new DoDo all purpose learner I'll try shortly and let you know.
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
Re: Door and dash timrs on MK7.5 GTI
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2018, 12:08 »
I have found this as well and using any of my usual products such as auto finesse spritz seems to make it worse. I've found the best thing to treat them with is a coat of navi wax ultimate which seems to give a good finish. I then use a small brush to remove any dust etc.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights