Author Topic: Best shampoo - thoughts?  (Read 7572 times)

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
Re: Best shampoo - thoughts?
« Reply #10 on: 25 November 2017, 18:31 »
Looks very smart Dr Mike :smiley:

Thanks.  The bodywork and windows felt different as I was drying the car, as though the paint was more highly polished.  Hard to describe, but there's definitely a slick coating on the bodywork now.  I bought some Gyeon "Wet Coat" a few weeks ago, but haven't used it yet.  My objective is to make the paintwork as water repellent as possible to make winter cleaning easier.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 27 November 2017, 13:48 »
Went for the G-Techniq and very impressed with the lather  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 27 November 2017, 14:52 »
Went for the G-Techniq and very impressed with the lather  :smiley:

Glad you're pleased :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 06 January 2018, 21:12 »
Looks very smart Dr Mike :smiley:

Thanks.  The bodywork and windows felt different as I was drying the car, as though the paint was more highly polished.  Hard to describe, but there's definitely a slick coating on the bodywork now.  I bought some Gyeon "Wet Coat" a few weeks ago, but haven't used it yet.  My objective is to make the paintwork as water repellent as possible to make winter cleaning easier.

With apologies for quoting myself, I've been suffering from some festive diseases for the last week or so, but by Thursday I felt that I really should give the car a wash.  It may have been wishful thinking, or something, but it really does seem easier to wash it using the Gyeon shampoo.  I'm a convert.

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 25 January 2018, 19:38 »
I`m in the market for a new shampoo.

I`m interested in Gyeon as used by Dr Mike but has anyone tried CarPro Reset?

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 30 January 2018, 15:49 »
I always used to use the Zymol shampoo, but now use Auto Finesse lather. I find it rinses off well and leavs a good finish.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 30 January 2018, 21:58 »
I always used to use the Zymol shampoo, but now use Auto Finesse lather. I find it rinses off well and leavs a good finish.

Another consideration, thanks  :smiley:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 13 February 2018, 09:14 »
I had all but run out of my favourite Autoglym shampoo, and with the AG van not due at my mates garage for a couple of weeks, I thought I'd try Wo-Wo High Foam Shampoo. Lets just say I'm glad I only bought the 500ml bottle. My stocks are now replenished with another 25 litre drum of AG.  :smiley:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.