Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316594 times)

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #2150 on: 06 September 2013, 13:59 »
When did you order out of interest? I placed at the end June with an estimated oct 14th build week.

@Flintymutt I ordered 2 July and was estimated BW 40 which is exactly how its turned out. Can't say fairer than that from the stealers!
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Flintymutt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2151 on: 06 September 2013, 15:16 »
When did you order out of interest? I placed at the end June with an estimated oct 14th build week.

@Flintymutt I ordered 2 July and was estimated BW 40 which is exactly how its turned out. Can't say fairer than that from the stealers!

Error on my part. Order confirmed 4th July. Initial build week 42.

Offline AlphaOneZero

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2152 on: 07 September 2013, 00:22 »

Really? I ordered the beginning of June and was told to expect a BW 40, this was before the whole rear camera shortage came to light I think

Well anywhoo, just glad it's confirmed now, if it is built beginning of oct does anyone have a rough estimate of how long it'll take to get UK-side?
Previous car: Mk5 Polo GTI, Black (Special), DAB.

Current: Mk7 Golf GTI, Flat Black, Rear View Camera.
Ordered: Early June, Confirmed BW: 40, Picked up: 30/10/13

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2153 on: 07 September 2013, 00:37 »

Really? I ordered the beginning of June and was told to expect a BW 40, this was before the whole rear camera shortage came to light I think

Well anywhoo, just glad it's confirmed now, if it is built beginning of oct does anyone have a rough estimate of how long it'll take to get UK-side?

Although VW say 4-6 weeks it seems to be around 3-4 on average atm reading through the threads on here, thats end of the production line to dealership.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2154 on: 07 September 2013, 16:01 »
Order tracker stopped working for anyone else.  My car has been in-build for 3 weeks, and now the tracker just says my order cannot be found.

I just know it was that one on the back of the lorry in Kent and has been smashed to pieces!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2155 on: 07 September 2013, 16:14 »
Order tracker stopped working for anyone else.  My car has been in-build for 3 weeks, and now the tracker just says my order cannot be found.

I just know it was that one on the back of the lorry in Kent and has been smashed to pieces!

Everyone mate, don't worry.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=259050.0
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #2156 on: 07 September 2013, 16:14 »
Yeah,  it seems to be down for a lot of folk at the moment

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=259050.0

*edit* beaten to the punch!
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2157 on: 07 September 2013, 18:40 »
Although VW say 4-6 weeks it seems to be around 3-4 on average atm reading through the threads on here, thats end of the production line to dealership.

6 weeks from BW is accurate. It takes 4 weeks to deliver a built car, but right now it's taking the feckers 2 weeks past BW to start building it!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #2158 on: 08 September 2013, 08:51 »
6 Weeks seems about right.  I have just gone on to the tracker a short while ago and it states 'Build in Progress'.  It's Sunday Morning and my actual predicted Build Week was last week, week commencing 01/09/13.  So it seems as others state in this forum, the tracker has just rolled over automatically to Build in Progress on Sunday Morning (the start of a week), as I very much doubt Volkswagen pay their staff to work at 7:35am on Sunday Morning, no matter how much behind they are. :laugh:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2159 on: 08 September 2013, 09:10 »
6 Weeks seems about right.  I have just gone on to the tracker a short while ago and it states 'Build in Progress'.  It's Sunday Morning and my actual predicted Build Week was last week, week commencing 01/09/13.  So it seems as others state in this forum, the tracker has just rolled over automatically to Build in Progress on Sunday Morning (the start of a week), as I very much doubt Volkswagen pay their staff to work at 7:35am on Sunday Morning, no matter how much behind they are. :laugh:

That pretty much confirms that the factory is still very much behind schedule.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.